AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How Google can Approve a Misleading Ad?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, I have seen a misleading ad on Google for Keyword Delta Airlines, Advertiser claims of 40% low price, but that's no where available, neither on website. I have provided Ad link address to Adwords complain form but nothing has happened from past 15 days, ad is call only. Please find the ad url link https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj5i6iekPnQAhUXPYEKHZhBDTwYABAA&sig=AOD64_0ku0al6cQaoiJ4vW...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @William C,

The AdWords feedback form is the proper course for reporting ads or other information directly to Google. Please note that it can take time, depending on the backlog. Everything is viewed and everything is researched, so it does take time. 

This community is for help setting up, managing, and optimizing the AdWords platform by the users of it. We cannot help with anything else. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @William C,

The AdWords feedback form is the proper course for reporting ads or other information directly to Google. Please note that it can take time, depending on the backlog. Everything is viewed and everything is researched, so it does take time. 

This community is for help setting up, managing, and optimizing the AdWords platform by the users of it. We cannot help with anything else. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi J Clemens,

Thank for Replying.

I would like to put a note that in AdWords feedback form  we have the option for Text/Image Ad, but if the campaign is call only we face difficulty in providing URL of the webpage the ad takes you when clicked. As in call only when we click, we are redirected to a phone number and form does not accept that.

Please help in this regards.

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @William C,

You are welcome. 

Again, there is nothing we can here. You will have to utilize the web form and provide all the info that you can. Provide the phone number, date, time, the URL of the ad, etc.. Google provides "Please provide us with additional context for your submission" for this purpose.

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's worth noting that the Adwords Ad Feedback form sits on submit forever and never actually completes submission.

I've tried this today using three browsers, Safari, Chrome & Firefox.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Robert K I experience the same thing as well. I can only seem to submit if I log in. I have clients who work without google accounts that also want to report competitors. This is very very annoying.

Seems to be a bug that no one can explain. I have tried different browsers, computers, operating systems etc. It just loads and loads, never submits. Maybe @James_Clemens can point us to someone who knows the solution to this?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Robert K & @Stanley J,

When you are having this problem, are you able to form fill the questions and submit the form (click on submit)... that then attempts to submits but never finishes? And are you logged in when the problem happens or not logged in? 

I ask these questions since the form will allow the submit button to be clicked and attempt to submit at any time, but when the form is not completely filled out it will attempt to load and load and load... with the spinning circle but never finish. Logging in (upper right hand corner) with a Google account (any email address setup as a free Google Account) will allow the form to be submitted correctly.

Hope this helps,

James