AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

How Does My Site Fail The Adwords Webmaster Rules?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been trying to get Adwords working for: http://signedsportsmemorabiliaonline.com/. It is an e-commerce site for selling sports memorabilia. This is a new site that replaces a previous domain name.

Unfortunately the Adwords have been flagged as not eligible to run due to "site policy". The email that I received said that "The name of the policy is: Spam techniques ". Following the link in that email it showed me that "spam techniques" included things such as creating artificial traffic, or ready made sites. I checked out all of these things and could not see one that the site was guilty of.

I contacted Adwords support who told me that the site has been "currently disabled for violating our policy on Unacceptable Business Practices - Webmaster Guidelines ". They provided me with a link to the webmaster guidelines. I checked these out too and could not see any reason for the site hitting a problem here. (It might not be a great looking site and some bits are still a work in progress but it's not that bad! :-)). Nevertheless I made a number of adjustments to the site to tidy it up and re-sumbitted it for review. That was 2 weeks ago and, despite it saying that re-reviews could take up to 3 days, I have heard nothing more.

So, my question is .....

Do you have any idea why http://signedsportsmemorabiliaonline.com/ has its Adwords disapproved and what I need to do to get them approved?

I really hope that somebody here can help as I seem to be getting nowhere with the Adwords support centre and with getting the site "re-reviewed".

Many thanks in advance!

Ian

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How Does My Site Fail The Adwords Webmaster Rules?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Google has indexed you organically at authenticsportsmementos.com, so now it could be that you've been flagged because your content is not original.

If you own both websites and you have recently redirected authenticsportsmementos.com, get in touch with them and tell them, then see what they tell you.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Calin,

Many thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated. I'll try it out and see if that will fix it.

Ian

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 4
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Ian, 

Details of the spam techniques can be found here. If in particular the issue is something that was picked up on webmaster central then I recommend reading the guidelines here -  I'd recommend the quality section where practices like cloaking and gaming are discussed. Perhaps you've broken one of there unintentionally?

I hope this helps.

Ita