1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Hi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven't been actually using the Google Adwords, and didn't even know the account was still active till I received an email that my adwords bid was accepted some time ago. I honestly didn't even remember my log-in and had to pull up old emails and look up my password just to fill out the request. I spent almost an hour yesterday trying to change the url destination, including using the 'help' section of the google site. The steps on there didn't match the options on my screen past the first 2 steps, so I couldn't do that either. At this point, I'd like to cancel my adwords account completely. I do not want to be connected to an account/domain (www.bethsbowtique.com) that I cancelled and haven't had access to in about 6 months and thought I had nothing to do with anymore. Since I'm still connected through Google's ad-service because I didn't remember to log in to a program I wasn't actually using or expecting to advertise since I'd forgotten about it, I'd like to cut that off as well . I also do not want to continue the advertisements that send people to a site that is no longer mine and possibly contains malware! 
I was already upset that I got charged $50 when I first signed up. I was trying to register for the $50 free credit I had received through hostmonster, and instead was billed on my credit card AND received the credit. I would rather lose the $100 credit than agree to pages of terms that I don't have time to read and am not sure what all they entail. I would like to close my Google Adwords account and make sure there is no connection to my old website that someone else may be running with malicious intent now. I'm afraid to pull it up on my computer for fear that I'll get whatever malware is on there. I'm hoping they're not posing as my site!
If you can let me know what I need to do to fix the problem, I would appreciate it, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Hi

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi just login into your Adwords account and disable it then you will have no ads running etc
Cancel your AdWords account

You can cancel your account at any time. This will automatically stop all your ads within an hour. You'll still need to pay for any accrued costs in your account though. If you have money left in your account, we'll automatically refund it to your form of payment.

Because we don't delete your account, you can reactivate your account at any time and your account details will still be there. You can also access the data in your account after you cancel it because the account is still tied to your email address.

How to cancel your account

Sign in to your AdWords account at http://adwords.google.com.
From the My Account menu, select Preferences.

In the "Account cancellation" section at the bottom of the page, click Cancel this account. This option won't appear if your AdWords account is already canceled or if your user account doesn't have administrative access.

In the pop-up box that appears, you can follow links to troubleshoot common issues, leave us feedback about why you're canceling your account, and confirm that you want to cancel your account by clicking Cancel my account at the bottom.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Hi

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi just login into your Adwords account and disable it then you will have no ads running etc
Cancel your AdWords account

You can cancel your account at any time. This will automatically stop all your ads within an hour. You'll still need to pay for any accrued costs in your account though. If you have money left in your account, we'll automatically refund it to your form of payment.

Because we don't delete your account, you can reactivate your account at any time and your account details will still be there. You can also access the data in your account after you cancel it because the account is still tied to your email address.

How to cancel your account

Sign in to your AdWords account at http://adwords.google.com.
From the My Account menu, select Preferences.

In the "Account cancellation" section at the bottom of the page, click Cancel this account. This option won't appear if your AdWords account is already canceled or if your user account doesn't have administrative access.

In the pop-up box that appears, you can follow links to troubleshoot common issues, leave us feedback about why you're canceling your account, and confirm that you want to cancel your account by clicking Cancel my account at the bottom.