AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Hi I have a new web site and I would like to replece it for my old one

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

where do I need to go to do that, my old one expire and I want to relece it

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi I have a new web site and I would like to replece it for my old

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ricky,

Are you talking about replacing destination and display url in adwords campaign? Is your question related to adwords?

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes my old dolmain expired and it got full of spam so you guy shot it down, but I now have a new web and I would like to use it how can I replece it

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ricky,

Yes, you can use your new website in the same AdWords account but be noted that you're not using the old adgroups. Only 1 website url is allowed per adgroup so I would suggest you to pause all your old campaigns and make new ones with new website url.

Though you can copy all characterstics of your old campaigns except display url and destination url.

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In addition, I would also like to say that Adwords do check the paused ad copies as per the policies. So if you tend to change the URLs, make sure you are deleting your old copies with the old website URLs which was affected by the spam or was suspended.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Ricky,

You olready got advice on how you should go about new domain.

If by chance you still need to replace url's you can do it two ways:

With Adwords Editor

Do you use Adwords Editor for bulk changes? If yes, Just download your adwords account in adwords editor. If it is already downloaded, take recent changes. Now Select Campaign & Go to Ads Tab. Now Select All adcopies & Click Replace Text (just below destination url field)

Now Dialouge box will appear. Please see the attached screenshot below:

2013-03-30_123918.jpg

You need to choose Destination url to change destination url. Repeat the process to change display url.

With Adwords UI

Select Campaign>> Go to Ads Tab >> Select All ads>> Hit Edit and Select Change Text Ads from the drop down>> Diagloue box will appear from Action Drop Down > you need to select fine and replace. Please see the below screenshot:

communiy1.jpg

Thanks

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’