AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Help with Site Suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, 

I have just advertise with Google Ads but after a few minutes of running I got the message that my ads were suspended. I followed the instruction to find out what happen and it says that my site is suspended because 

Site Policy : website can't be advertised

Site Policies : Misleading or unrealistic promotions

I have went through the guidelines and I don't think I have done any of these:

Making false statements about your identity or qualifications

• Examples: A college student purporting to be a qualified lawyer, an unlicensed plumber claims to be licensed

Using false claims or claims that entice the user with an improbable result (even if this result is possible) as the likely outcome that a user can expect

• Examples: "Miracle cures" for medical ailments, extreme weight loss products or programs, "get rich quick" schemes or promising large financial return for minimal effort or investment
  • Specific example: A weight loss ad that says you can eat whatever you want and lose 10 pounds in a month

Falsely implying affiliation with, or endorsement by, another individual, organization, product, or service

• Examples: Misleading use or mimicry of official government sites, stamps, seals, or agency names
  • Specific example: An advertiser mimics the layout and design of an official government agency site

Could any of you please take a look at my site and help me? My site url is createmyownwebsiteforfree.com

I have emailed Google but then I read in some of the discussions if I request for a review and it gets rejected my site may be permanently banned. Please help me

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help with Site Suspension

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Gan.

Welcome to Adwords Community.

I have seen your website, your site suspended because of you are running affiliated ads in your website, Running affiliate ads is one of the adwords policy violations, if you remove your ads in your website and resubmit your ads, sure your ads will run.

Attached screen and highlighted point describe about ad policy related to you

ad_policy.JPG

Follow below article for more details.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en-AU

I hope this will help to you.

Thanks,

Aravindhu.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

I am afraid that you need to reconsider your business model.

The primary goal of his site is to drive users to other sites and to collect personal information. 

This business model cannot be promoted on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank Aravindhu, I will read up on that article

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see, thank you. Could you elaborate a bit more? Meaning I can't have affiliate banners on my site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, I am sorry but I haven't found a solution to my adwords. Should I deactivate my ads while waiting for the google support to get back to me? This is because I read in the policy that if I leave my ads on, every 3 days it will automatically send a review request. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Gan,

Remove your ads and submit here for your site to approval. I hope this is the best way to run your ads on Adwords as of now.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704383

Thanks,
Aravindhu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Gan,

Aravindhu Ch and Moshe TLV make good points about affiliate ads. To add to their comments; your website may fall under the "Using false claims or claims that entice the user with an improbable result " section because it makes statements like "The money that you invest whilst making your website are not an expense. Instead, they are a safe investment for a profitable and secure future."

That statement can be misleading because a return on investment from a website is not guaranteed. So this is somewhat misleading, because it suggests that investing in a website is safe, but you can also lose money doing it.

Hope this is helpful. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see.. Thanks for the suggestion, I will work on that part

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
My opinion, still stands, that the issue is with the business model!
As long as the goal of the site (driving users to other sites and collecting personal information) is not changed - I don't think you can return and advertise again.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’