AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Help needed! Site is suspended but cannot find the malicious links.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear community colleagues, 

I am encountering a very frustrating issue right now and Google's hotline reps cannot provide real information to help us trouble shoot. 

Both my websites <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> and <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> are hosted on the same server. Recently, starting with pop site, Google has been sending "your site is suspended for malware - malicious links on the site" and "your site is approved" messages to us. One rep told me that they have different tools for scanning and sometimes they return different results. We haven't done any web changes on POP site. 

The same thing happened to <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> recently and YESTERDAY we spent lots of time cleaning up the site, removing unnecessary java script including tracking code from Bing and Facebook. Our hosting provider Media Temple also ran a sever-wide scan and didn't find the links detected by Google. At one point, we simply used an empty index.php file and let the Google reps rescan in real time. But no matter what we did, the results were always "not clean!" 

This morning, both sites were declared clean and 10 hours later, pop site got suspended again. But as of writing this post, <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> is still OK. 

Can anyone provide any thoughts on how to deal with this issue? With no further insight from Google regarding where these links are on the home page, it is impossible to trouble shoot...

Thank you very much! 

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove links which have the potential to put other members at risk. 
As a best practice, please do not post links to sites that have been flagged as having Malware, or which are suspected of having Malware. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help needed! Site is suspended but cannot find the malicious links

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
It seems that there is another issue EXCEPT the malware;
What's the reason for suspension mentioned in the last suspension EMAIL received from Google?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshetlv, It says malicious content on <edited by a Community Manager as noted in your previous post, above> home page and the rep sent me the links: - http://trend777.tk /forex.php?sid=464CB0AD86B029037AB10BB87AC6702950AC02F0F3F6... - http://trend777.tk /home.php?id=464CB0AD86B029037AB10BB87AC6702950AC02F0F3F66E... 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Elle V;

Ask your webmaster to clear the site through Google  Search console. (Formally known as Webmaster tools.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google's Web console and safebrowsering tool both return clean and we used a bunch of scanners online and also nothing found.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello again;;
If the Search console returned no violations submit the clearance to the CS team.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What is CS team??? Thanks!!!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
CS = customer service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HA! No I have talked more than five reps already. There is no system in place for them to provide more info other than telling me what links are on our home page. But like I said, even when we turned our home page to be a blank page, it still said the links are there!

Any thoughts please?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hello again Elle;
Nope; that's not what I mean...
Send CS the clearance of webmaster tools and ask them to submit it to the Policy team.