AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Help me fix Site Suspended due to Omission of relevant information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is My site: http://webgobe.com, and here is ONE of ads which triggered the process od suspension:

Need fast Joomla cleanup?
Ask for our Joomla site dehacking service. Fixed price 1 day delivery

webgobe.com

and this is the landing page:

http://webgobe.com/services/joomla-site-dehacking/index.html

After ~ 10 days to struggling to get a useful response from the support team - and a great number of changes in my site the last conclusion was, that I can't pass the verification because of the Downloads section of the site:

http://www.webgobe.com/downloads/index.html

A little explanation: I'm a Joomla freelancer/developer, and I am offering FOR FREE code snippets for Joomla CMS, basically PHP code to be used for building websites with Joomla CMS. All I am asking in return from the interested people is to register an account - basically to provide a contact info, a largely used strategy among Joomla developers - and not alone, I am developing/contributing to Open Source code for 2 decades.

Most of things available here are listed in the official Joomla repository at http://extensions.joomla.org, and passed a very rigurous testing to be compliant with their rules. The site is up there for years, and occasionally I am running AdWords campaigns. 

About 2 weeks ago I (re) launched a campaign wich was up earlier (some ads where running for about 2 years), and after 4 days my site gets suspended from AdWords.

Interesting coincidence (or not): Google analytics is no more recording my site hits.

Please, take a look and let me know, what I can do. If someone is interested, I can provide much more details both about my discussins with support team, the philosophy of the site, etc.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help me fix Site Suspended due to Omission of relevant information

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

>>" I am offering FOR FREE code snippets for Joomla CMS, basically PHP code to be used for building websites with Joomla CMS. All I am asking in return from the interested people is to register an account - basically to provide a contact info, a largely used strategy among Joomla developers - and not alone,"

Providing free offerings in exchange for personal information is not allowed by Google, unless you clearly publish the intent and explain it on your privacy policy. (i.e. That  email submitted is not sold to third parties)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
http://www.webgobe.com/privacy-policy.html
Check this, I am stating this:
Information Sharing and Disclosure

WebGóbé will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
So, this is not the case.
Thanks, but this answer does not lead me to a solution.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Let me check with Google on that.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, much appreciated! I had no success with that by the regular channels...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Székely D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

OK;

the issue for disclosing that personal info is not transferred to 3rd party - this was was cleared.

Two  other remaining issues which also refer to privacy and relevant information

1. The site must have a physical  address (for regular mail - not a POB), and email or telephone information that's clearly visible and/or accessible.
  2. The site also needs to have the EULA/Terms of Service clearly visible as he is offering software downloads.

Fix those two, and resubmit the site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, but from your list I am missing in worst case only a half one:
The phone number and the email address is up on ALL pages of the site allready. And check this page for example:
http://www.webgobe.com/downloads/joomla-3-0/modules/index.html
But essentially all download pages are the same, the EULA/LICENCE - GPLv3 in this case - is linked in on ALL pages and clearly marked as the licencing scheme used.
More, the user, prior downloading MUST to accept the licence - wich is listed in FULL to be able to proceed.
What is indeed not listed - and will be added - is the phisical address, Not indirectly, but is allready linked in ALL pages of the site - this info is listed on my Google Plus profile, wich is linked into 3 spots in any single page - so I have to add this.
I'm really curious to see if this will work.
Will get back to you with the results of the re-submission attempt.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
When you resubmit, make sure to note to the reviewer that these issues are addressed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure, I included even a link to this thread!
(Fingers crossed Smiley Wink )

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your assistance, finally the site was accepted and ads are running again!