AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Help getting website compliant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, everyone. I'm having a horror time with email support so thought i would see if anyone can help here.

My account that i have had in good standing for close to a year has been suspended due to site policies and im trying to get it fixed.

Here is some of the email...

Thank you for your email.

I understand that you have some concerns regarding your suspended
account. This happened because you advertised sites which
are completely violating our landing page site policies as follows.

raspberryketoneplus.com.au :  Misleading/Inaccurate Claims

Now i've gone over this site many times and changed a few things... to me it looks ok. (im unsure about the youtube video)

If anyone can help me out and give recommendations i would be very greatful.

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Help getting website compliant

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi BenHerbals,

Welcome to the AdWords Community!

Google can review sites at any time for any reason they wish so I'm going to try and see about moving forward.

Searching for Raspberry Keytones certainly displays that you can indeed advertise this product. What I'm afraid is that you'll have to probably remove much of the content on your website.  This is a tricky business to advertise.

Here are a couple of companies that are currently advertising:

http://goo.gl/s2m3u

http://goo.gl/Fu6z0

http://goo.gl/jRCMO

From what I personally can see as different between you and these guys,  (I did not click ads but I would assume these are the landing pages as well.)  I think it's the claims that are getting you, as slight and toned down as they may seem to be.  They're still claims that are 'questionable'.  These other companies are selling the same product as "an item on a shelf" and nothing more. Unfortunately, I can't give you copy that is going to work, I just don't know what that would look like.

You're going to have to be extremely detailed in your efforts; here is what you are up against (Not saying you're violating all of these Policies but you could very easily):

User safety - "Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims."

"Google doesn't allow sites that mislead users with scientifically improbable claims."

Healthcare and medicines

Unapproved pharmaceuticals and supplements

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello benherbals;

I will follow Tom;

Your claims are clearly violating the following Policy clause:

Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:

• Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing or treating a disease or ailment
  • Products that imply or claim that they're as effective as prescription weight-loss drugs

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi BenHerbals,

Welcome to the AdWords Community!

Google can review sites at any time for any reason they wish so I'm going to try and see about moving forward.

Searching for Raspberry Keytones certainly displays that you can indeed advertise this product. What I'm afraid is that you'll have to probably remove much of the content on your website.  This is a tricky business to advertise.

Here are a couple of companies that are currently advertising:

http://goo.gl/s2m3u

http://goo.gl/Fu6z0

http://goo.gl/jRCMO

From what I personally can see as different between you and these guys,  (I did not click ads but I would assume these are the landing pages as well.)  I think it's the claims that are getting you, as slight and toned down as they may seem to be.  They're still claims that are 'questionable'.  These other companies are selling the same product as "an item on a shelf" and nothing more. Unfortunately, I can't give you copy that is going to work, I just don't know what that would look like.

You're going to have to be extremely detailed in your efforts; here is what you are up against (Not saying you're violating all of these Policies but you could very easily):

User safety - "Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims."

"Google doesn't allow sites that mislead users with scientifically improbable claims."

Healthcare and medicines

Unapproved pharmaceuticals and supplements

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello benherbals;

I will follow Tom;

Your claims are clearly violating the following Policy clause:

Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:

• Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing or treating a disease or ailment
  • Products that imply or claim that they're as effective as prescription weight-loss drugs

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok thanks for the details, really appreciate the help. Will work on the website more.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so i made many changes to the website and toned it down, it should now be compliant, what is the best way to get my account re-reviewed as I’m getting mixed responses from email.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to chat to live help that helped get the site re-reviewed so now i just wait!

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 7
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Benherbals, thanks for updating us on the progress.
Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Received a email back saying the site is still not compliant, i've rewrote the whole site and removed any misleading content, added clear disclaimers, added links to 3rd party clinical trials, i will have to look at it much closer maybe i'm missing something. 3rd time lucky.

I've seen a fre websites add the disclaimer at the top instead of the bottom, does that really matter?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Benherbals,

First off, I completely appreciate the effort your putting in here, I really do. 

Was the reasoning for the suspension still the same or were you provided any more information than previously?

Unfortunately, you're working in a very difficult arena and there is very little room for 'play' with these policies. 

Again, I can't guarantee anything nor am I able to tell exactly what the issue is but I can offer you my opinion and previous experience with similar situations here on the Community.

From what I can tell, the sites that are allowed to run ads for this and similar products are selling these products with very little if any information as part of a larger 'shopping' style site.  This certainly makes things difficult for you as this is your only product.

As cut down as your content now is, there are still a few areas that could easily be considered questionable claims, even with your links to scientific studies. Here are a few, very critical thoughts I have, (I don't 100% personally agree but I'm using a very critical eye here for your benefit.)

1. You probably shouldn't mention weight loss at all including in the homepage title.

2. No testimonial in the world can be certified online.

3. In the Faq's you have this: "You should start to notice an increase in energy levels almost straight away, and within 1 week you will notice a vast improvement in your weight."

4. Even the ingredients page could still be seen to have claims in there. 

I have no idea if that is how Google is looking at your site or not...Nor do I know if you can ever reverse what has happened.

I've been through this site twice myself now.  I'm a marketing person, with a background in web development and seo so I know and understand what you're trying to do, sell your product (Side note: I also still see that you still haven't noticed the misspelling of raspberry on all of your internal page titles).  Unfortunately, this is just how the policy is, very difficult.  Google will spare nothing to keep the Google experience safe for all of its users and they're not in the position to discuss what is safe, they make decisions and that is that.  You cannot suggest or promise anything remotely close to questionable.

Again, I have no clue if any of this will help, just a friendly couple of suggestions.  You should also note that repeated 'reviews' that fail can cause you additional issues, please be careful and do your very best before submitting your site again.

Do you really want to advertise at all costs?  Your best chance could be to strip the site down to bare minimums.  Basic homepage, order pages and contact info.  Keep all the disclaimers and study info in there though and as part of the footer info is perfectly fine and acceptable. 

Good Luck!

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again for taking the time and giving all those tips Tom, they are very helpful to myself and probably other people in the same situation,  it is very hard as sometimes it can be just 1 line causing it to fail compliance.

As I’m not an expert with this sort of area I have paid a ‘advertising standards authority’ company to look at it as this is there speciality and they basically re-wrote the whole site. I am now about to submit it back for re-review. 

BTW cheers for pointing out the title typos.