AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Hello

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up a number of adgroups and have set up ads in each one.  I have duplicated the same ad text in a couple of my adgroups, although the keywords are different in each adgroup.  Is this OK, or will Google penalise me for having the same ad text in different ads in different adgroups?

Looking forward to hearing from the voices of experience on this one!

Jo A

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July

Hello

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

In terms of the Policy - this is OK. In terms of strategy ad-copy should ne closely themed with the keywords.  If the keywords theme of each ad-group is similar to the other - then  having  the same  ad-copy is fine. I prefer  a variety of ad-copies,  but this is entirely a matter of your preferred strategy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July

Hello

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

In terms of the Policy - this is OK. In terms of strategy ad-copy should ne closely themed with the keywords.  If the keywords theme of each ad-group is similar to the other - then  having  the same  ad-copy is fine. I prefer  a variety of ad-copies,  but this is entirely a matter of your preferred strategy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’