AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

[Healthcare and medicines] Online pharmacy certification required

LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, today I have found all my ads in 10 different accounts disapproved.

The reason is:

Unfortunately, we aren't a Pharmacy but B2B suppliers for Pharma Company and others.

I need to use Pharma terms related and I have never had problems until today.

This night at 4am all the ads were disapproved without an explanation.

When I discovered it, I have filled out the form: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2897541?utm_source=policyhc&utm_medium=contact_pha... but anyway we are neither a Pharmacy nor a Pharmaceutical Manufacturer.

I'm still waiting an answer. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: [Healthcare and medicines] Online pharmacy certification required

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
If you are neither pharmaceutical manufacturer, nor pharmacy you are not allowed to promote medications;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

We don't promote medications but we promote Pharmaceuticals reference materials and standards for Pharmacautical manufacturer, Laboratories and Universities. I have never had problem until today! and now I have 130000 ads disapproved! Any suggestion?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Please share your website URL.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You took me  back to my days in  the Pharma / chemical industry... Smiley Happy

You are selling substances that are not allowed per the "healthcare and medicine" section of the Policy;

LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google Policy: Google allows pharmaceutical manufacturers to promote prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines (in accordance with the local law in these locations:
Canada
New Zealand
United States
Australia
Brazil
China
France
Germany
Hong Kong
Italy
Japan
Mexico
Netherlands
Poland
Russia
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom

So, I can't understand where is the problem.
Google created this policy when it was fined a couple of years ago.
It was due to Pharmacies that sold medicines etc.. online.
I suppose they have created an algorithm that check terms in keywords, ads and landing pages. But they should manually check If we are selling medicines or drugs to customer, in fact, it isn't that case. We are suppliers B2B and the site is not a real ecommerce.
I haven't received any answer yet neither from Google nor from Google accounts that I have directly contacted.
Any suggestion?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello again;

The issue is that you are not a pharma manufacturer, while selling drugs or APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) - that are considered drugs.
Drugs can be promoted on Adwords only by pharma companies. You are not.

LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
LGC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

we may be considered Pharma Manufacturer since we also sell drugs, in fact, I applied as Pharmaceutical Manufacturer in the Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Application Form.

Anyway, I have waited 7 days so far for a feedback. All My accounts are blocked and the domain is disabled. I have filled out 10 Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Application Form, one for each account.
I have never received a feedback, this is incredible. Google inefficiency is unacceptable!
They can't leave a customer without a feedback, an answer. Nothing!

I would want to know when I'll receive a feedback and I should know what influences the decision and the process. The Google Policy is pretty general and it doesn't explain the certification process.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hello again;
We have no information about review processes timeline within Google.
Have you tried calling CS?