AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Headline of ad isn't displaying as its entered in the backend!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello together,

So we have an issue with our ads, specifically the headline text. Here is what I entered in the Adwords Editor backend:

scr1.PNG

Everything is correct above, but then the ad displays like this:

scr2.png

With the IFAParis.com at the beginning of the headline text, why? It just displays when the ad is in the first position at the top, but why do they automatically take the display URL and put it there? I don't want that!

Please advise, thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author panpan z
September 2015

Re: Headline of ad isn't displaying as its entered in the backend!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @panpan z,

if someone is searching for your brand, AdWords inserts your Display URL in the title.

If you write in your ad the first letter of you display URL uppercase - it will be shown uppercase in the ad title. 

That is the reason your title looks different. My suggestion is to create an adgroup with your brand KW and count on the title change so you can write more compelling ads. 

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@AdWordsEng-Igor You have successfully solved every one of my questions until now, any ideas? Has it something to do with the fact that I enter part of the Display URL in caps? I'm sure if I just enter www.ifaparis.com for display URL then they won't put it at the front of the headline?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Don't look at me. My job is done once the data arrives safely in your AdWords account. I don't have any special insight into what happens to it when the ad is actually served.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Anyone else have any ideas?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author panpan z
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @panpan z,

if someone is searching for your brand, AdWords inserts your Display URL in the title.

If you write in your ad the first letter of you display URL uppercase - it will be shown uppercase in the ad title. 

That is the reason your title looks different. My suggestion is to create an adgroup with your brand KW and count on the title change so you can write more compelling ads.