AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Have been told and shown that goole add's things to my account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

These so called "helpful" keywords that google add's to my account (that I can't see by the way) are really non related to my business or services (i was shown these keywords by a SEO company)...

I am paying per click charges for these keywords...(again shown the charges by a SEO company)..
How do I get rid of them, how do I stop google from adding things to account I don't want and did not ask for.

If I can't stop google from adding irrelevant items that cost me money, I need to reconsider my options.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Have been told and shown that goole add's things to my account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, sgf4400, and welcome to the community.

Are you, by any chance, running an AdWords Express account? (see here: http://www.google.com/adwords/express/)

How did the SEO company show you what keywords were used to trigger your ads, and what was their goal when doing this?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Carlin

their intent was for me to let them manage my adwords account with the intent of letting them optimise the account and get more relivant results.

They showed me this information by us signing into my addwords account and letting them review my keywords. Then they went to something in the account and showed me additional keywords that my ad was generated for and the click thru charges.

They claimed that these keywords were generated by Google not me.......That's the information I have that generated this post

Don Benson

www.sedgegardenflorst.com

Kernersville, NC.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Don.

There are settings in AdWords which may generate ads to be shown without people using keywords. Product Listing Ads are one example. Dynamic Search Ads are another.

But they can all be managed in a way that reduces the odds of your ads showing for irrelevant search terms (via negative keywords).

Did you set this account up yourself?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Carlin

Yes i did.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Alright. From this point on, my opinion is that you have two options:

- go to your account, look at what you think is not working properly, and get back to us with specific questions and as many details as possible

- have that company (or another one) optimize your account for you, if you think it's too complicated or not worth your time.

Good luck! I wonder if you'll make it 3/3.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Did they show you the Search Terms Report ? The serach terms report shows the actual keywords searchers used that pulled up your ad.

AdWords uses diffferent keyword match types to determine when to pull up your ad. If you have "broad match"selected for keyword match type, for example, the criteria for matching your ad to a searcher's ad will be very loose. Exact keyword match, on the other hand, will be very strict. Learn more about keyword match types.