AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Have a white/ private label Affiliate site, will i get banned?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Here is my white label affiliate site - http://www.travelnow.com/templates/441604

I got it from Expedia they will pay me commission for each hotel booking, I will market it using adwords, then later use bing, yahoo, facebook, twitter etc.

The thing is this is a white label site or what others may call private label, basically they have given me a template which they have also given to thousands of other affiliates, the only difference is my id number at the end of the url above.

So since there are hundreds if not thousands of this site online, will i get banned from adwords because of this duplicate content?

Are other white label affiliates successfully marketing their websites using adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Have a white/ private label Affiliate site, will i get banned?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Asif,
You're not going to get an official answer from Google on this, but the answer is yes, possibly.

Have a read of this: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190435?hl=en

Unless you're providing additional functionality or content that's valuable to the user, then it's a bridge page. You've done absolutely NOTHING to add additional value so you wont be able to advertise this site with AdWords.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Asif,
You're not going to get an official answer from Google on this, but the answer is yes, possibly.

Have a read of this: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190435?hl=en

Unless you're providing additional functionality or content that's valuable to the user, then it's a bridge page. You've done absolutely NOTHING to add additional value so you wont be able to advertise this site with AdWords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I disagree...its a grey area for google. They hate affiliates but love them like no other for their business partners like amazon, ebay...etc.

As long as the domain is different and your destination url takes you to that domain, owned and hosted by you with an iframe or back end is expedia to track your sales you will be fine. Now if you all redirected traffic to expedia.com then yes, that is considered a no no and google will destroy you.

Expedia should help you further on providing you answers for this, as they discuss regularly with their affiliates.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If you see my site http://www.travelnow.com/templates/441604 Its is not a bridage page there are no links going out of the site, in fact the customer makes the booking on my website, including entering their card details.

The issues is that other affiliates have same website so 100% duplicate content online.

Expedia tell me i will have no problem but i cant really take the word of the customer service rep becuase i cant imagine him saying 'no dont use over affiliate site to make us money' i am going to get bias answer from them.

It is also a url that i cannot edit website so once banned i can never edit it and probably never advertise again on adwords.

To get a website made like this will cost £5K+

Is it worth the risk?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Eric G I completely disagree and you should be careful with the advice that you give out. Getting banned is serious and prohibits an honest advertiser from advertising a potentially great business in future.

Please read this:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/14844?hl=en

Particularly to this:
"To ensure the best possible user experience, AdWords won't show multiple ads leading to identical or similar landing pages at the same time, even if the URLs have different domains. In the case that multiple ads with similar or identical landing pages are eligible to show for a certain search query, AdWords will show the ad with the highest Ad Rank. Additionally, your site shouldn't mirror (be similar or nearly identical to) your parent company's or another advertiser's site."

Also, this:
"Bridge Page policy

We don't allow ads whose sole purpose is to link or redirect traffic to the parent company or to a different site. Bridge pages offer little or no unique content and are considered low value to users. Affiliate sites that display the same characteristics may also be considered bridge pages."

And this:
"Mirroring and Framing policy

We don't allow ads for websites that copy the content of other websites, using techniques known as "mirroring" and "framing.""

This is the exact situation the OP is in and you are giving bad advice. Asif A will not "be fine".

I'd like to finally point you to the final section of that page:

"What happens if I violate this policy?
Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts."

Asif, if you want to use AdWords in future, do not try to advertise this URL. 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks, like i said its gray area.  I read that many times, and had many discussions about it. It all depended on who owned the site. If he own the site and it was just an iframe in say top 10 destinations which he had his own content then yes he can have affiliate network links to Expedia and Google will allow it.

Google would see the iframe as blank but look at his other content for relevancy and rankings. This applies to its SEO as well. If all they see is an iframe google wouldn't know what to do and throw a flag.

Also you gotta look at the competitors, your not only competing against expedia larger competitors, but also its affilate network which is 1000's. Not enough revenue justification or risk to go ahead with this IMO. Bing would have such low volumes that it probably will take you 2-3 years to make back your 5k investment + your adwords spend.

I would however on your case look at an SEO approach to this.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I respectfully disagree. While this is not the forum for SEO talk, the leaked rater documents EXPLICITLY state that sites like these should be "marked as spam". Google doesn't want these types of sites in their index or being advertised on their advertising network because their users don't.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thats why google is fun. Always changing and nobody knows whats going on over there. Could be having monkeys draw numbers out of a hat to find out what new rules they will throw at us.

But we can both agree that he should not go forward with this PPC campaign if he doesn't want to risk jeopardizing his account.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The thing to notice is, the site isnt copying other webmasters sites, EAN made it and give to their affiliates.

I dont know what mirroring and iframe is.

If all the EAN affiliates, thousands of them cant market these white label sites using adwords, then all the affiliates are doomed, why are EAN still giving these sites to the affiliates?

Looks like a very risky thing to do....

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Asif

Mirroring is just like replica, mirror image of the other site, iframe is used in HTML to display other websites pages in your website, iframe can further be styled by using CSS, its a development part.

In your own site with lots of lots of content about tours and travel, using iframe you can display the expedia affiliate page in your website itself to complete the payment but I am not sure whether it will work with AdWords or not, its risky, I suggest avoid.