AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Has the display url policy changed to allow caps/uppercase?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Gday :-)

Has the display url policy changed to again allow caps/uppercase in the display url?

I've noticed some ppc ads have only the domain in their display urls in lowercase.
eg bluewidgets.com/WIDGETS

I have always thought the lowercase rule applied to the whole display url not just the domain name

However I'm also not seeing anything in the policy for display urls regarding the non use of uppercase/caps in anywhere in the display url

(if my eyes arent working properly let me know lol) :-)
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/175906

Thanks
Whims :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bronwyn V
September 2015

Re: Has the display url policy changed to allow caps/uppercase?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

From 2011, they have announced that only the domains portions of the Display URLs will be modified in lower case , I have noticed no other changes since then  :

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2011/01/change-to-appearance-of-search-ad.html

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bronwyn V
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

From 2011, they have announced that only the domains portions of the Display URLs will be modified in lower case , I have noticed no other changes since then  :

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2011/01/change-to-appearance-of-search-ad.html

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
ok so that would mean that bluewidgets.com/WIDGETS and bluewidgets.com/Widgets would be permissible then?

Had a vague fuzzy memory of something previously being in the display url policy page about it. Maybe my memory is scrambled lol

Thanks
Whims
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I think so, but your best shot is to call Google to verify. I have not seen this capitalisation often even if it is catchy to the eye.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Bronwyn V ;

The  display URL cannot be too "tricky"  trying and  attract attention. (Well...what the bot finds to be a "tricky")

Capitalization of the first letter of each word in the domain, name should be OK. (e.g MyDoamain.com).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’