AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Has anyone tried Google Sites with Adwords?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

My simple question is that, what if I use Google Site in an Adwords account. Will Google allow to write display url as sites.google.com?

Thanks in advance.

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rohit K
September 2015

Re: Has anyone tried Google Sites with Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I tested it in the past,  in an experiment. It worked.  You'll have to use  he full destination URL is in the format : sites.google.com/mysite

[edited]

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I've used it to and had clients use it too. However, it's a LOT less hassle to purchase your own domain name. You're paying your hard earned money to send traffic to your site and your brand. I feel that it's better to build your brand on your own domain from day one.

There's also the fact that some visitors may perceive your site as less authoritative if hosted on a free host. YourBrand.com is a lot more powerful than you think.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I tested it in the past,  in an experiment. It worked.  You'll have to use  he full destination URL is in the format : sites.google.com/mysite

[edited]

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I've used it to and had clients use it too. However, it's a LOT less hassle to purchase your own domain name. You're paying your hard earned money to send traffic to your site and your brand. I feel that it's better to build your brand on your own domain from day one.

There's also the fact that some visitors may perceive your site as less authoritative if hosted on a free host. YourBrand.com is a lot more powerful than you think.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I agree with Dave, these days buying a domain is a matter of minutes. When  I tested it, it was to promote an informative page. The domain did not matter much, and during  those days - if I recall-  there was an issue with using a "top level domain" other than. com

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I bought a domain...
Enabled it on Google Apps for Work and host my website for free with a cusom URL: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

So now how do I get AdWords to work?

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove an unnecessary URL.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.