5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

HTML5 Ads all being resized to 300x250

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm uploading various sizes of HTML 5 display ads in .zip folders to the adwords display platfrom.  the only ad formatted correctly is the 300x250.  my 728x90, 160x600, 300x600 are all being resized to 300x250 and my content is cut off....

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is there a solution for this?  

Spent 30 minutes on the phone today with Adwords support...got no where.  

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I had a similar thing happen to me some time ago - it turned out the agency were using the 300x250 as the template and then resizing - but the size is listed in the html code twice - once got changed when they resized the ad, but the other didn't - it's kind of hard coded into the original file.

If you look at the code and look for the sizes you'll probably find it and if you edit that you should be OK.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate the response Stickleback.  Unfortunately, I have crawled through the stylesheet and html document and can't seem to find anything that might be the reason everything is resizing to 300x250.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

somehow AdRoll and other services are not having this issue with the same assets...

Experts in the Topic
stickleback