AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

HELP ! - Nice girl, no IT person, Adwords email says suspension ? Don't understand.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello and thank you in advance for reading.

I am at a total loss for what is going on. I received the following email from Google Adwords and woud SO appreciate any help!

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

We wanted to alert you again that one or more of your sites are violating 
our Advertising Policies. We're writing to warn you that any additional 
violations will result in the suspension of your AdWords account.

If you accrue another violation, please note that this means your account 
and any related accounts will be suspended, you won't be able to create any 
new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search 
partners, or on Display Network placements.

In order to prevent account suspension from occurring, we suggest you 
review all of your ads and sites to ensure that they're compliant with our 
Advertising Policies.

If this is an error, we want to get your ads back up and running as quickly 
as possible and your Google team is here to help. Below is a list of your 
URLs that have been found to violate AdWords policies.

Customer ID: XXX-XXX-XXXX

Display URL(s):
thriftstoregoldmines.com

I emailed them back because I haven't run adwords in forever. I added funds a few weeks back to test their Merchant Shopping program and the funds must have gotten attached to an old adwords campaign so I just sort of let that be. I get this email...............

Hello Brigitte, 

Thanks for writing in. I am Deepti from the Adwords Support Team and its my pleasure to assist you with all your queries. So sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and I apologize for the disruption to your ad delivery.

Brigitte, I understand that you are concerned about the recent suspension of your website thriftstoregoldmines . Do not worry, I will help you with the necessary information here. 

Brigitte, regretfully, your website has been suspended for not being in compliance with our Site Policy guidelines. As a result of multiple complaints received from the users, this business model being used on your website is being monitored and is not acceptable per our policies any more. So I am afraid, you will not be able to run on this website anymore Smiley Sad I am sorry to give you this bad news, I wish this never would have happened Smiley Sad  But please understand me from my point also ! I am helpless ! it just the policy Smiley Sad So please forgive me for giving the bad news to you. 

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with, I will be more than happy to assist you. 

Sincerely, 

Deepti 

The Google AdWords Team

The site they are referring to is my eBook sales page. I've had it for over 3 years. It's simply a landing page like the millions of others out there. I have no users like they are referencing in the response? What user complaints are they referring to? 

Can I get some guidance? Thanks so much!!!

[Edited to remove Customer ID -- Laura, 2012-08-24 23:04 PDT]

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HELP ! - Nice girl, no IT person, Adwords email says suspension ? Don't understand.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Basically, am I in trouble with adwords only or my site is a problem? Why is it a problem, I'm so confused. 

Re: HELP ! - Nice girl, no IT person, Adwords email says suspension ? Don't understand.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi frchgrl,

Based on the email you got, it's only your site that is in trouble now.  However, if another site that you are advertising gets suspended then your whole account will be permanently shut down.

From a quick glance at your site, I can see some obvious policy violations:

• "300% in pure profit" violates the policy on misleading, inaccurate, and/or unsupported claims
  • Your site is not original; a quick Google search turned up lots of near duplicates.  This violates the part of the webmaster guidelines on having original and useful content.
  • "Make lots of money working from home on the internet" is one of the most frequent scams people try to advertise on AdWords.  When Google gets lots of complaints from people who've clicked on ads, bought something, and felt ripped off, we can tighten our policies.

I'm sure there are more.  Though I didn't look too deeply, this smells like the sort of site that was sold as a template and cloned by people all over the web.

The "users" referred to in the suspension email are users of Google Search.  When users click on an ad that takes them to a scammy-looking web site, they start trusting AdWords less, hurting both Google and our legitimate advertisers.

Summary: if you want to use your account to advertise a legitimate business, go for it.  But advertising any more shady sites is likely to get your account banned permanently.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for responding!

Believe it or not all those statements are indeed true. I've been selling on eBay for over 13 years and I do make those profits but I can remove that wording if necessary.

I'm still confused because I have not used adwords in ages? I didn't even know one could complain on an ad? How do you do that? Couldn't competitors simply all complain to penalize you?

So is my "adwords" account in trouble or "my site" and how is my site in trouble. Does this mean it's no longer indexed? Some guidance as to how to remedy would be appreciated.

thank you

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

> I didn't even know one could complain on an ad? How do you do that?

> Couldn't competitors simply all complain to penalize you?

There's a form for it, linked somewhere off the AdWords help center.  The complaints aren't processed blindly -- humans look at them and see if they make sense, so a competitor complaints wouldn't hurt you unless they were about a valid issue that violated our policies or quality guidelines.

> So is my "adwords" account in trouble or "my site" and how is my site in trouble.

As I said above, it's your site.  You can't advertise it on AdWords.  Any ads using it as their landing page will get disapproved, and any existing, approved ads that use it just won't get any impressions.

However, if you create new sites and they get suspended too, then your whole account will eventually get suspended.

> Does this mean it's no longer indexed?

No, this AdWords stuff has no impact on the Google search index at all.  Infomation flows from search to ads, but not in the opposite direction.  (Aside from AdWords telling the search engine which ads to display, of course.)

The search engine does have a lot of quality-related signals in its ranking algorithms, though.  I don't know much about them and have no ideas if they'd impact your site's ranking.  There are lots of articles out there on search rankings.  Matt Cutts' blog is a good place to start.  (He's an engineer who leads our web spam team.)

Laura

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 6
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi frchgrl,

I encourage you to read this help center article to better understand our advertising policies:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404197

Best,
Zee
G+

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Zee, did read that already but again, looking for "specific" reason so I can amend.

However, even though I did not get a clear answer I think I've figured it out.

Here's the deal. As I mentioned (and I think it got missed) I AM NOT advertising on Adwords campaign so it made no sense. I was interested in finding out about Google Merchant Shopping, I needed to add funds so I did and somehow I must have attached those funds to old Adwords campaign. Didn't even know.

THEN- I get an email my site is suspended. It did not say my Adwords account so I needed clarity if it was my site, as in, suspended from Google period? Or, only related to Adwords or what? 

After much back and forth it appears this only has to do with Adwords, which I don't use anymore. What a mess right? Clarity from the beginning would have helped so much. (Not referring to you guys, referring to the emails I got.)

Nonetheless, I am making changes anyway to my site to comply (for the consumer as well) now that I know the issue. Was just not getting an answer. Only links to policies which only leaves me "assuming" what it could be. 

Thanks for responding. Luckily someone on elance.com was able to help get straight to the issue. 

Re: HELP ! - Nice girl, no IT person, Adwords email says suspension ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is not any reason , I have the same problem here. My account was suspended for not any reason.

The problem is, we as Internet users we gave to much value to Google scams.

So Google became too huge and became a main search engine, so we are hand under their balls so if for some reason or not reason at all Google farmers pandas and any kind for animals suddenly drops your site out , suspend or even ban your site.

The users are the fault not the Google, if users will stop use Google as the main engine and turn to Yahoo or Bing or to any other search engine, so they will start making less money, because they don't care, they charge you very high for each click and they play the Search Engine Gods in the Cyberspace.

Do not expect your accounts to be unsuspended just order refund and close your account. At least take your money back you have in the account.

Google is not the only website in the Internet, they are faceless and they can't control and serve billions of people, they are humans in fact they are greedy humans. PERIOD.