AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

HELP!!!!!!!Arbitrage-no original content?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community,

I hope someone one can help me here.

I was running an adwords campaign for a site called winningsgames.com it has been running for weeks.

The site offers reviews about online gaming sites and allows you to purchase a subscription newsletter.

Acouple of days ago i RECIEVED A MAIL TELLING ME the site is accuesed of Arbitrage.

Now all the content if the site is orginal(accoriding to copy scape) and the site does contain a valid business model.

I tried contacting adwords but recieved a message that they stand behind call-the sites contnet isn't unique or worthy

Can someone please help me take a look at the site and express their opinion.

Thank You very much

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HELP!!!!!!!Arbitrage-no original content?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rika,

I had a short look at you website and am sorry to say that Google is probably right. I would not call it an arbitrage site though because it much rather seems to be a Bridge Site with the evident purpose to send users to other websites. The very few paragraphs you added also seem poor content. 

What you could do is to provide much more original content which is likely to engage users and decrease the number of outgoing links. On a slightly unrelated note I'd add the pics do not upload in IE9 and the site is pretty untidy.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lakatos,
Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy
I just don't understand why a bridge site-there are no links leading to outside sites & the site offers the oppertunity to purchase a unique newsletter-isn't that enough not to be a "bridge" site?
Thanks
Rika

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Rika,

In my opinion as you asked above, there is a need to have some good content on the website and written well in some structured format. Currently, the images are not aligned properly and the site lacks content.

I was not able to see any advertisements on your website, which could take the user to another site.

Did you try speaking with Adwords support on this issue?

Honestly these are my thoughts and could differ from other members.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Rika,

I was hasty and thought that the links were going to other websites. In fact they are inbound. Interestingly now the pics download okay too and the website looks tidy this time. Okay, guys, my fault. I agree with Pankaj in other respects.

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks you guys for responding.
yes I have contacted adwords with no results-they said they re checked and still beleive the content is not original and the site doesn't give value.
I understand you are puzzeled as I am-since the content is original, there are no links leading outside and the the site offers the ability to purchase an original news letter-so what could it be???
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

GDi Google Employee
Google Employee
# 7
GDi Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Rika,

It's nice that you mention you have checked if your site has original content according to copyscape. However, the tool used to check plagiarism isn't important, what's important is that you actually have original content.

Looking at the reviews you have on your site, I found (by simple Googling) similar content (almost verbatim) on the following sites:

http://casualgamebetting.knoji.com/gameduell-review-and-promo-coupon-code/

http://skillfoolgames.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/gameduell-full-review/

http://www.whatsgoodblog.com/2010/01/kongregate-online-flash-game-site-review/

I'm sure you're able to write plenty of great reviews, so by doing that, and offering content that is useful to your visitors, you'll eventually be able to demonstrate that your site of high quality.

Good luck with your business!

GDi

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi GDi,

Seeing a post like yours is refreshing.  Getting a simple answer, as you have clearly done here, would be so helpful to so many users who come here with problems and suspensions.  It's quite challenging for us and for advertisers when all we have to work from is a canned "You have violated Google's Terms and Conditions" email. 

I applaud your efforts here and hope we can see more of it from you and your team members.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

GDi Google Employee
Google Employee
# 9
GDi Google Employee
Google Employee
Thanks Tom! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks GDi

This is isn't my site-I just advertise

I have brought this infront of the site owners..they were shocked to tell you the truth, they did some re orginzation and everything...

so what do you think now?

I of course also contacted google about the changes