AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Great suspension after first sale

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok I was so happy to make a sale from adwords then today I get an email alert about my account, I log in and it says in red my account is suspended.

In the email it says

The name of the policy is: User safety
     More information about this policy, including how to correct problems: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en_GB&topic=1310877&guide=1308243&page=guid...

When I log into adwords near the top it says:

Your Google AdWords account has been suspended for violation of Google's Advertising Policies in this or a related account.

The thing is I dont know if it was my site/landing page or my ad.  I mean, didnt my ad go through a review before being approved?  So I might be my landing page?

which is here

http://squeezepages.marketpresshosting.com/lp1/

Are the claims to much or what?

I like to know before I ask them to review it because I really want my adwords account back and this is all new to me.
 I hope some people can give me some advice. Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Great suspension after first sale

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh by the way here are my 2 ads

Squeeze pages that work
Learn about the temptation video
squeeze page adn whyit works

#1 squeeze page in 2012
discover a high converting squeeze
pge that beats all ohters

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Samlo25 wrote:

which is here

Are the claims to much or what?

I like to know before I ask them to review it because I really want my adwords account back and this is all new to me.
 I hope some people can give me some advice. Thanks

I see this on your page - Jeff Walker’s high converting squeeze pages brought in over $1 million dollars in just 1 hour.

Is it really true? Show proof to Google and it may activate your account.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

> Are the claims to much or what?

Um, yeah.  On that page I see:

• A huge number of unsupported and probably misleading claims.  "60% to 80% optin rate," "created a $23.8 million windfall in a mere 24 hours," and many more
  • "Warning, this page uses human behavior and psychological manipulation".  I was with you up to the "manipulation" part.  Bragging about physchologically manipulating your site's isitors or your customers' sites visitors seems like asking for a "user safety" suspension.
  • As far as I can tell, you're selling a template to genreate landing pages that violate our advertising policies on information harvesting, since there would be no other links (e.g. a privacy policy) on "squeeze" page.  I don't know if selling tools to generating violating sites is a violation itself, but in my view it certainly violates the spirit of the policy.
  • I haven't checked, but I would be totally unsurprised to find that your site was generated from a template for creating sites selling similar or identical products.  It just has that feel to it.  If that's the case, that could get you suspended too, though for a different reason.
  • 1999 has called and it wants its web design back.  While not related to suspensions, I have to point out that even if you hadn't been suspended you would have gotten an awful quality score for that site: huge blocks of text in different colors, garish graphics, etc.  Most users will just hit the back button when they see a site like that these days.

Summary: without major changes to your site and probably to your business model I don't think there's much you can do.  

But in your situation I think the first thing I'd do is call AdWords support on the phone and ask them if they can provide more detail about why your account was suspended.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"1999 has called and it wants its web design back"

Nice made me laugh.... but ok guys I will try to call them on the phone and maybe stop selling that squeeze page product.