AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google shuts off my adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So Google disapproves of my ads that have been paused for 9 months, instead of sending an email stating they need to be deleted or fixed, they send me an email saying they turned off my ad words account until I fix this, how stupid is this, first it’s the weekend, nobody is in the office to call and ask what’s up, they shut down my account over paused campaigns, I am getting no traffic for my retail store, that means NO Business and I have to wait until Monday when they are in the office.....

HOW DUMB!!!!!!! 

HOW DUMB!!!!!!! 

HOW DUMB!!!!!!! 

HOW DUMB!!!!!!! 

HOW DUMB!!!!!!! 

HOW DUMB!!!!!!! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google shuts off my adwords account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi ASE-Supply;

I  understand your frustration, but have no control on Google's ( or actually its bots / crawlers) business manners .Smiley Happy

What was the reason given in the email for the violation in the text?

Can you share the text of one of these ads?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was disapproved keywords and they wanted me to fix them, problem is, those ads where on pause forever, they weren’t even showing, they should have just told me to fix it in like 5 days or something, instead of just shutting down my account so the regular ads quit showing.....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Paused ads are checked, - should you choose to activate them - It could be done instantly

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Google has been doing this since a while. If you're old keywords and ads are the problem, and you're sure you will never use them again, then it's probably best to delete them off. Their statistics will remain as part of your overall account history, but you don't run the risk of getting further disapprovals like this.