AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google not enforcing dangerous weapons and firearms policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was looking for a jig for woodworking and ended up on an assault weapons site from a Google AdWords ad. This was several months ago. The site only sells assault weapons parts and tools. They are clearly violating the AdWords policy and against gun parts and weapons but have cleverly worded their site to avoid detection. For months they have been reported but continue to show up all the time. This is the link to their AdWords ad from today:

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=CShUg_POAVdnqDYmcpgPPn4GgBNe3jNoGj_iGy5AC0d61q8ABEAEguVQoB2DJ9uKG...

Why do some vendors like this one continue to be allowed to advertise when others selling sport archery bows get banned? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google not enforcing dangerous weapons and firearms policy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... They sell parts for various tools.  not only parts for weapons,,,

The questions is what products within the range are  promoted on Google;

Please file a complaint form to initiate an investigation;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the reply! I have completed that form, as have a few of my friends, over the past few months. But nothing happens. The "tools" they sell are specific tools (jig) for building assault rifles at home, and they sell the gun parts for building the assault rifles. Gun parts are not allowed so they are clearly violating the policy which states "Any part or component that's necessary to the function of a gun or intended for attachment to a gun" are not allowed. AdWords does not even allow rifle scopes, so Google clearly would not allow assault rifle parts to be advertised. But it seems that they are not interested in enforcing the policy given how many times this web site has been reported with no action ever taken.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Rita,
Thanks for your post to the AdWords Community. I'll pass this feedback and information along to the Policy team!

Kathleen