AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google needs too penalize addword clickers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google needs too make it a term that anyone competitor clicking another competitors adwords will be reverse billed...and if an ip address that does not have adwords is daily clicking a ad to its max daily cpc then it should be banned off google for 30 days...you are able too ban websites so why not block an IP? From what i read i am not the only one that feels competitors are clicking there ad and frankly i do not have the time too monitor in depth as i have a business too run...its time google got stiff and made penalties for missuse!

JD

Owner

JD Interlock & Landscapes

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Google needs too penalize addword clickers

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jason,

You can exclude IP addresses using the 'Settings' tab in Adwords.

You can exclude your competitor IP addresses.

Find more information in the link below.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456098?hl=en

Google also has a very robust system inplace to protect advertisers from click fraud.

http://www.google.co.in/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

Hope this helps,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jason,

You can exclude IP addresses using the 'Settings' tab in Adwords.

You can exclude your competitor IP addresses.

Find more information in the link below.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456098?hl=en

Google also has a very robust system inplace to protect advertisers from click fraud.

http://www.google.co.in/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

i also think Google need to add to there policy that fraud clicking against competitors are

against there policy and will result in a permenet suspension to stop click fraud google need to use there ultimate weapon   permanentsuspension

that will stop click fraud

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
IP exclusions dont work all the time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That sounds great in Theory, but for us small business owners who do not have web guys in our pockets handling this stuff and whome rely on Google as one of our major sources for of advertising, we just do not have time too hunt down competitors ip addresses...there should be safeguards in place and a policy update as the gentelman below you says...permanent ban, and surely it can be done! im sitting at 150$ in click charges with 1 call, normaly my call too clicks is 8 out of 10

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Good morning.

Google AdWords has strong safeguards in place to protect advertisers from invalid clicks. In my experience, they do an exceptional job of identifying and eliminating these kinds of clicks--including refunding money to advertisers any time they believe they have identified click fraud against an account. (Have you checked your account to see what kind of invalid click traffic has been refunded?) You can read more about the program here.

Google does not, however, own the internet. They cannot prevent people from using the internet and they do not have the power to "ban" anyone from the internet.

Aside from that, I would say that although many small businesses do rely on traffic from Google ads, that does not absolve the business owners from taking responsibility for their results. The AdWords program offers you tools to block unwanted traffic--it's up to you to use them if you feel you need them. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*