AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google may be cheating tech support industry in India

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI recently my account was suspended for online tech support. the reason they gave in mail is untrustworthy promotions

But i did not find anything untrustworthy in my website or ad or account . i thought google is against tech support business model but i find several ads of other tech support companies (see the screenshot here)

The only difference between my and their website is they have a verified US address and i did not have .This means according to google Indian based business cannot deliver services to US which is just a foolish thinking

i may be wrong but google is not been able to provide valid answer to thousands of Indians and their families who are now on the brink of collapse due to google adword non explainable policy 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google may be cheating tech support industry in India

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Ankur B

The community is here to help everyone, but we need to establish some proper perspective.  Google IS NOT a public utility, and they do not owe you or anyone else a living.

Also, correlation does not necessarily imply causation. The logic you use to come to the conclusion that "..according to Google Indian based business cannot deliver services to US.." is faulty.

Now, with that said, can you share the site and landing page you are trying to promote?  Untrustworthy promotions usually has something to do with claims in the ad and/or landing page that cannot be substantiated. It may be just a matter of rewording things.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

This topic has been extensively discussed on the community;
Run a search for "tech support " or "IT tech support" - you'll find dozens of discussions on the subject;

Here is Google's official reply:
We have longstanding policies against ads, websites, and businesses that appear to be generally deceptive or misleading to our users. The primary concern of this space is our user’s safety. Per the User Safety Policy, we do not allow businesses that we feel may pose a harm to our users.

We take many factors into consideration when assessing User Safety compliance. Our review is extensive and we cover a number of areas to ensure we are reaching an accurate conclusion. In many cases these issues are not fixable, as the fundamentals of the business itself is the primary concern. As always, you can contact support via email or submit a suspension appeal.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
google does own us an explanation because it is google who is engaged in deceptive practices which is known as cheating and in private business relationships this is punishable by laws.

Rest i removed landing pages just after my account got suspended but please follow this thread until tomorrow . i will be re uploading my landing pages so that you can have a look and tell me if it will pass google review or not

anyway i really appreciate your reply and hope this community will help me out in this stress full time

thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi you have been copy pasting this reply to several posts and i started a new thread because i was not able to find a proper answer .

can you explain which specific user policy we are violating ? is remote tech support prohibited by law of any country ? is providing tech support through remote software is a threat to user safety ? if yes then i think going to a hotel or buying a product from google listed ad may also pose a threat to user safety . there are thousands of fraudsters in every industry and even if this is the case why google is allowing several companies who are US based to provide tech support through remote ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Ankur B;

I quoted Google's official reply,  issued after we requested Google to address this business model.

We  are volunteers here. We  have no control over Google's decisions, and  we were not consulted when the decision was taken.

As mentioned in your post, you were suspended due to untrustworthy violation:

Quoting from the Policy:

"We take untrustworthy promotions very seriously and consider them to be an egregious violation of our policies. Advertisers or sites that are found to be untrustworthy are not permitted to advertise with us again"

Untrustworthy suspension  is permanent,  and it is not reversible. We cannot help further.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’