AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google has rejected my ad for no apparent reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys/Girls, 

I have recently set up an ad campaign for various videos on my gaming YouTube channel and out of the 9 videos I am now running ads on 8 have been approved no problem but the last one has been decline because of "shocking content" which I can only imagine they are referring to something happening in the video. 

The video itself is a relatively short mission in which you are tasked with clearing a farm of invading wolves, it is not exactly "shocking". I was just wondering why this has happened as some of the other videos in terms of content are much more violent and almost all have clips of my character hunting as it is part of the game I was filming. 

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google has rejected my ad for no apparent reason

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Here you are the relevant section of the Adwords Policy;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6015406?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey MosheTLV,

I have read the Policy in the link provided, thanks for that, the content of the video doesnt contradict any of the policy. I went in to edit in the campaign then went straight to the bottom and clicked save, that sent the ad back to Google for another review and this time it has been accepted. Bizarre but all is good now, I have put loads of ads out on all sorts of games before with some much more violent content and others with crude/offensive language in it and there has never been an ad of mine disapproved before.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Craig

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It would be hard top comment without seeing the ad and the video... So, the best would be to contact customer service. (Unless you wish to share here.)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’