AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google, disapproved my ad, stating its Unsafe Content?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys, I am new to this whole thing with AdWords. Actually pretty new to online working period. I started a website selling a weight loss program ( http://weightlosspioneer.com/ ). I have had it up for quite sometime with no natural traffic so i figured id get some PPC going. Google dissaproved my site and stopped my ad. The reason was Unsafe User content. Not sure what that means. My question is, what do i need to do to fix this and get my ad up and running. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google, disapproved my ad, stating its Unsafe Content?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Google AdWords has policies against many kinds of weight-loss program advertising. You should check the policies to see if your product or service is in violation.

Actually, you should read all of the policies. Your site is missing a number of elements that are required.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Theresa. I am going to take sometime and read through them right away. It seems however that you already know what I am missing. Could you list the things you see that way ill be able to compare what i understand and what a professional sees.

Thank you!
- Sasha.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Quick note to say that I'm sorry but the press of work I have in front of me right now doesn't give me the time needed to give you an analysis of your website. 

Maybe someone else will jump into the conversation and offer some ideas. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Oleksandr,

A few months ago I too was suspended and only recently after a huge effort of making many changes I managed to get my account restored... So from my experience I offer the following advice:

1. You lack disclaimers e.g. results are atypical and as its related to dieting etc you may also need a medical disclaimer.
2. It looks like you are an affiliate promoting this product... If so you need a disclosure statement which outlines your business model clearly (yes this is part of user safety policy).
3. You need to amend the text with removing all exaggerated text and if you make claims you need to substantiate it or remove it....

That aside on a slightly different issue:

If you are an affiliate promoting this product then you are not going to make any money as when you go to the checkout page you are not identified as the affiliate!!! Test it - remove all cookies from your pc and click to go to the check out form and you will see that you do not get the affiliate recognition at the bottom of clickbank form e.g. [ affiliate = none]... You are doing it wrong so with that in mind you really do not want to waste money as at current you will not even make 1 cent!!

Finally beware of this... You may find in the end that your website is compliant but the product's/vendors website may violate Google Adword policies... This happened to me after months of hardwork and in the end I had to delete a compliant website and start again.... Even if you do not provide any links to the vendor website the product itself is sufficient to warrant this... It may even be that the product that you are promoting is blacklisted.... So watch out... In my humble opinion affiliate marketing and Google Adwrds do not go together as it is extremely difficult to satisfy all criteria...

Hope that helps! Good luck!!!

Cheers,

Sid