AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google adwords - VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been a Google adwords customer since 2009.  I havent advertized with them for a very long time and decided when I got a 100 dollar promo code that i would give google a try again.  after spending hours working on my ad words and getting everything ready I get the error "Sorry, your account is too old to be eligible to redeem this coupon."  Then I find out that this is for newer accounts only.  Well thanks for letting me know up front Google!!! If I had known this I would not have spent so much wasted time working on the ad's.  i have a business to run and my time is money.  Thanks for wasting both my time and money google!!  I will NOT be a return customer!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google adwords - VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Many of us have agreed that these vouchers should be more clearly labeled as being for brand-new accounts only, so we share your frustration.

However, if your account has really been active since 2009 and has worked well for you, it would be a bit silly to shut it down just because you accidentally got a mailing intended for a new advertiser.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Such the rules that these vouchers fits only for new accounts not older than 14 days. Why 14 days i don't know?Smiley Happy

I would like to add one more question to this discusion: what will happen if my new client already used himself promotional voucher few months ago and now as he is my new client with new account i will redeem such voucher for him? Are here any rules or practice that could help me not to do a mistake?

E2ras

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again E2ras;

The rule is : only one coupon for opening a new account - Regardless who opens it.

The logic behind this rule is that Google gives a new user a chance to experience with AdWords. If the user is happy with the results, he should continue the campaign on his own expense (no matter who manages the account).

I do agree with you that 14 days is a short time-frame, and it should be extended to 30 days. But, does the general concept make sense?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, MosheTLV,

very cute logic has GoogleSmiley Happy

According this rule the client can always be a new user till he will be satisfied enough. So if to think more deeply that is more work to administrators, expansion of service agencies and bigger competition between themSmiley Happy

That should be the point Google seeks!

Do i think the right way?

E2ras

Re: Open a new account for a coupon

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

E2ras;

In order to be a "new client" - to be entitled to a coupon for a new account. - the user has to close his current account, and open a new one. (Multiple accounts are not allowed- per the Policy).

Aside from the hassle of closing and opening accounts, the client looses the QS history of his campaign: that is a factor to be considered....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Open a new account for a coupon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe,

we speak about a new client so all these things about QS history really are not interesting to him. If smbd will suggest him 70% discount from the price there will be no arguments stronger than that. Only with experienced users there can be conversation about the value of the account history. That is very complicated and strategic moment and we could just predict and follow the situation to know how this scheme will be improvedSmiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

E2ras

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is outrageous. With this google won't get new customers with this just make angry old ones

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This thread was removed by the Community Manager as per the Community Posting Guidelines.