AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Web Designer - video backgroud

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create ads with full video on the backgroud and was able to create them on Google Web Designer, using the youtube component.

When uploading it to use on my display campaign I get the following error:

" The ad you uploaded contains HTML5 code that we can not allow in our ads: gwd-youtube Please make sure that your ad meets our policy requirements, and remove any references to the tags above. "

Being the Youtube player a native GWD component shouldn't it be able to work in display ads?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alexandre A,

Display ads are different from video ads. You can make animated display ads, but they are still different from video ads. You will want to learn more about the campaign types and their ad types (display, video, etc.) and their limitations... not what GWD can do, as a design tool/product. 

Please take a look at the following information:

Image ad requirement.

Update your ads to HTML5.

Tips for creating effective display ads.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

I know they are different and have used and created both. But I've also seen display ads with video backgroud, and tried to create one but wasn't successful. 
Firts tried with youtube component and just tried with video component and got the following error:

The ad you uploaded contains HTML5 code that we can not allow in our ads: gwd-video Please make sure that your ad meets our policy requirements, and remove any references to the tags above.

How are these components supposed to be used on google adwords?

Thanks

Alexandre

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Alexandre,

Could you have seen some animated ads that looked like a video background? Or possibly you saw an ad that was created using a supported YouTube component that complied with the requirements. There are limitations and specifics that have to be followed with the YouTube component

Please take a look at the information and let us know if it provides the help you needed... or more about the error you are encountering. The most-likely reason for it not working would be that your animation is longer than 30 seconds.  

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James

It was a video background. 
I've used de Youtube component from GWD, using only parameters available in GWD.
Is this component limited for DoubleClick accounts only?

I've since realized the banner I saw was build usi ng Bannerflow, you can see a sample here: https://www.bannerflow.com/banner-of-the-month (last one on this page)

Thanks for your help,

Alexandre