AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Suspended Our Old, Inactive Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hopefully somebody on here can help.

I was advertising the website www.bbinary.com. We stopped serving customers outside Europe. Anybody from outside Europe that visits the site gets shown a message on www.bbinary.com that says we are not offering services anymore.

Everyone that visits the site inside Europe gets redirected to www.bbinary.eu, which complies with all regulations.

Google suspended my campaign, and my entire account. They keep saying:

Where is the contact information, where is the financial services risk disclaimer, where is the phone number, on www.bbinary.com?

Well of course, the .com website doesn't have this information, because it doesn't offer any services. The only thing the website says is a message expplaining we are not operating and you can't register.

So, what can be done? (Please don't say change the .com website, it's impossible)

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Suspended Our Old, Inactive Website

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Easiest solution would be that you geographically target just Europe in your campaign, and exclude all other country`s.
That should do the trick.
And after that demand Google to reactivate your account (you have to be persistent with that)..
EDIT:
You should do reactivating first :=).. Didn`t see...
Regards.

Re: Google Suspended Our Old, Inactive Website

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Regardless what territory /location this site is targeting - it must fully comply with the Policy;
Once the site was found to be in violation it MUST (first) be fixed;. Closing it/ abandoning it will not resolve the issue.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’