AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews on ADs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

This is the first time i have seen Google Reviews appearing on Ads. These reviews are NOT shopper reviews for products. They are actual google reviews - like reviews for dentists or restaurants etc.

Please see screenshots here:

http://i62.tinypic.com/nmeyrp.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2l96sep.jpg

(see the highlighted red)

How do i get this into my adwords? I have location extensions enabled - but i dont see my reviews.

And i have researched about the "REVIEWS EXTENSTION" and this is not the same as above.

Could someone shed some light on this?

THanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Reviews on ADs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Simba,

Welcome to the community.

These are seller ratings.

Your ad will be eligible for seller ratings, only if you meet the following criteria.

1. Your campaign type should be "Search Network with Display Select," "Search & Display Networks" or "Search Network only."

2. The customer must be searching on Google.com, Google.co.uk, Google.de, Google.fr, or Google.nl.

3. In most cases, your business must have at least 30 unique reviews -- each from the past 12 months -- and a composite rating of at least 3.5 stars or higher. However, we may show ratings for merchants with fewer than 30 reviews if we have sufficient data from other sources to determine an accurate rating. At least 10 of these reviews must be in the customer's Google interface language.

Find more information in the link below.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474

Deepak

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deepak,

I appreciate your "Stock" response to this question - but i have to say, it does not sound correct.

Let me tell you why:

1. They website that is showing the "seller ratings" as you call it, does not SELL anything. Its a dental practice - people write reviews (like any other dental practice with reviews) on their experience in the surgery and with the doctor. ALSO, if they were seller ratings, then the image i have posted would say "6 SELLER REVIEWS" as per your link you posted (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474)

2. I did the search from Google.com.au - Australia as i am located in Sydney (not from the list above i.e. not from .com; .co.uk; .de; .fr; .nl)

3. The business above has just 6 customer reviews (not 30). The business doesnt even have any other 3rd party reviews to qualify for "sufficient data from other sources".

Hence i specifically mentioned that these are NOT shopper reviews for products like phones, dresses, shoes, etc.

Anyone else with input on this would be appreciated. Or please correct me if i am wrong/missing something?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Simba. Please note that Deepak was trying to help, in spite of the fact that his answer may not be the one you were looking for / helps you.

Fom my investigation on this matter it seems that those are Google Local reviews which finally show up together with location extensions. The ratings and number of reviews match what I can see in your screenshots.

In the past it seems that location extensions did not show the ratings along with the address (though some early attempts were reported some time ago as well). This might have changed recently.

I hope you'll find the above information useful.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thank you for the clarification Calin.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Meanwhile I just got confirmation from @adwords via twitter that the format in question only shows with AdWords Express ads.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.