AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Play and Adwords suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Adwords account was suspended, in part, because I'm using Google Play for my book's product fulfillment. Is this a new bridge page policy or was this an error on Google's part?

-Steve

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J Stephen W
September 2015

Re: Google Play and Adwords suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 16
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,
Thank you once again for your assistance. To be clear, I went back and forth with Google last November for about a month and then gave up in frustration. But since then, I've:

1) Added a disclaimer to my home page (as recommended verbally in December by Googler#1,
2) Removed access to a page -> http://www.mygreencard.com/immigrate-to-USA.php that had a *possible* bridge page violation (but not to Google Play - as you pointed out), and
3) Updated the booklet with new information for diversity visa lottery winners (not entrants!)

As things now stand I have not responded to the email above from Googler #2, dated 12-12-2013, pending the outcome of this forum discussion.

I would greatly appreciate any and all help you can provide if you think it will help resolve this mess. I'll be happy to send Google (or you) detailed information on my book (or the entire book itself, which makes it extremely clear that the content is not just how to fill out a simple form, but, in fact has do's and don't for diversity visa lottery winners and tips for entrants that can and will make a huge difference in whether they get a visa.

Best regards,
-Steve

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 23
Top Contributor
Steve;
Have you double checked? Google replied that the account was un-suspended.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 24
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Moshe,
YES! It has finally been unsuspended. Thank you very much. Maybe my search engine rankings will return to page one like they were before I was suspended by Google.

Many thanks,
-Steve

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi ;
The bridge section of the Policy has been there since my memory goes back, a few years ago - if not more;
Please share your website URL so we can have a look;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe.
My URL is: http://www.mygreencard.com/index.php. Thank you in advance for your help here.

-Steve

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Promoting this type of free services has always been a field in which Google has been very cautious, since it is just to fill in a simple form; attach a pic, and click submit. What is the added value you give to the user?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am the author of a book dedicated to this popular and free government-sponsored visa program. Here is the table of contents -> http://www.mygreencard.com/toc.php. There are dozens of issues that can go wrong during the visa application process. Hence the book. We also have an immigration portal with free forms, immigration news, a blog, free reports, etc. etc. We also review paid lottery services here -> http://www.mygreencard.com/review.php. (Google "green card lottery"). I believe this easily qualifies as added value. And .... Google already accepts advertising from paid lottery service websites.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,
I'd appreciate a response from you (or any other forum moderator) soon.

Thank you,
-Steve

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;
Sorry for the late reply. I had to check the US Visa application process on the US DOS website.

US Visa application (for  immigration/ business/ tourist/  education)   - in my view  - is totally a different issue. It's a long form, with dozens of pages which could take hours to fill in. A Visa applicant needs in-depth knowledge of English to fill it. In addition, I saw, that there is an interview (at the US local consulate)  in which the applicant  answers questions and present documentation. In that sense, there is added value to the service.

My opinion: the Green Card Lottery, or the ESTA form, are just a simple ONLINE forms, for which   you cannot claim any added value (by helping to fill it in).

This is how I see the issue, and the reason for suspension, based on my experience on the subject.

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,
Thank you for your reply. I'm still unclear how you arrived at your conclusion that my book merely helps applicanta people fill in a form. If you review the table of contents here -> http://www.mygreencard.com/toc.php you will see that filling in the green card lottery form is just the tip of the iceberg. What matters is what do if you win the lottery. Here are just a few "TIPS" we provide in the paid version of our book (on Google Play) that clearly add value:

TIP!!! If you are a winner and wish to adjust your status in the U.S., file your application to adjust status as soon as your Ranking Number is Current on the Visa Bulletin, since selection of the available 50,000 visas (including spouses and qualifying children) is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once these numbers have been taken, no further diversity immigrant visas can be issued, by law.

TIP!! Section 245(i) and 245(k) of the Immigration and Nationality Act may allow a person to adjust status in the U.S. even if there has been a status violation. If you have had a status violation you should contact an immigration attorney.

TIP!!! If you have a choice of entering from two visa eligible countries, claim eligibility to the country with the highest numbers of visa winners. Those countries are listed in APPENDIX D.

TIP!!! Normally DS-230 is only for applicants who will pursue their green card at a U.S. Consulate. We have found that no matter where you decide to file the rest of your green card paperwork, it is best to file the DS-230 Forms for each family member with the KCC to avoid unnecessary delays.

TIP!!! A word of warning for some diversity lottery winners -- do not speak to an immigration officer at a local USCIS District Office if you have any doubt as to your legal status or you have a criminal record. Once you sit down with the USCIS officer, they are allowed to ask you questions about you and put your answers into the computer that could negatively impact your case. If you are in the U.S. illegally and/or have a criminal record and have won the diversity lottery, you have no choice but to retain the services of an Immigration Attorney to make sure the USCIS does not deport you (and your family) instead of giving you a green card.

There are many more tips and discussions that help ensure the applicant gets his green card (diversity visa). And, as I mentioned earlier, Google readily accepts advertising from at least half a dozen services that merely review applications for accuracy (again please Google "green card lottery"). So I'm still unclear as to any legitimate reason for a continued suspension, unless fulfillment via Google Play is considered a bridge page violation.

Thanks,
-Steve

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Steve;
The way I see the issue, is that you have a site, that promotes a book about filling in  a "simple", one page,  government form ( for the Diversity Lottery program) . This service   is given for free by the US government.

You do have some other content on the site, however the lottery program  is a major section. So, I see it as a promotion for  a book, which  has no additional value (for users)  compared  to the information found on the US DOS website. (And as said, especially  for this thread, I checked the DOS diversity Visa website, and the US  DOS other Visa programs.)

This is my opinion, based on my experience with this type of sites. What did Google say? Did you contact Google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Patrick
I guess we will have to agree to disagree, since according to my math, if I have one chapter (Chapter 2) and parts of Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 dedicated to registration instructions and Chapter 6, Chapter 7, and Chapter 8 for winners, plus Chapter 9 for other ways to get a green card, and 5 Appendices with supplementary information (admittedly Appendix E is redundant with free government-provided info), plus an index and glossary of immigration terms -- this seems to me to be well beyond content provided for free on the government website. I'll be happy to send you a copy for your inspection to confirm.

Google is claiming 1) Bridge page violation (to Google Play?!) and 2) Sale of free items (presumably because I linked to a lottery service site.

I removed the links to the lottery service site, added a disclaimer, and now I just want to know from a third party (like you) if you are aware of the bridge page policy violation includes linking to Google Play. I really didn't expect a debate on the quality of the book content, per my comments above.

Thanks again.
-Steve