AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Trademark Policy

[ Edited ]
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm Sam and running my adwords UK campaign for last 5 years.

My question is about on Trademark term & Policy.

ASDA is Trademark term but sarch "asda life insurance" then you will see more advertisers with that ASDA term words.

My ASDA Life Insurance Ads is more than 5 days for that Trademark Term ( ASDA ) Under Review.

If anyone has an idea please solve my Issues.

P.S. - I've not edited my ads for last 5 days & not any capitalization issues.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adwords Trademark Policy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sem,

Have you tried contacting Google for your Ad that is Under Review..?

If your answer is NO then Kindly follow this link and submit a mail to Google Adwords support.

They will assist you the best.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Azeem.

I've submitted my query through adwords contact help forum yesterday but there is no reply.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello sem;

ASDA is a trade name; You need to file for authorization to use it in the ad-text;

" Advertisers can use a trademarked term within ad text if they are authorized, meaning that the trademark owner sent Google the necessary form allowing an advertiser's particular account to use a certain term."

Read more:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6118&rd=1

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI MosheTLV,

How can i file for authorization to use trademark term. I've received your link but i've read before already that conditions and i didn't get any right and process wise data because that link is too specific. Can You have another idea and another short link that contains much short and right info.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sem,

Kindly follow this link if you want to file for trademark authorization.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@sem

You can use ASDA as a trade name in the ad text only by getting authorization. This is the only "track" available .

Note: using the trade-name as a keyword is a different issue; My answer is about using a keyword in the ad text;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV & Azeem for their support.