AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Trademark Policy

[ Edited ]
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm Sam and running my adwords UK campaign for last 5 years.

My question is about on Trademark term & Policy.

ASDA is Trademark term but sarch "asda life insurance" then you will see more advertisers with that ASDA term words.

My ASDA Life Insurance Ads is more than 5 days for that Trademark Term ( ASDA ) Under Review.

If anyone has an idea please solve my Issues.

P.S. - I've not edited my ads for last 5 days & not any capitalization issues.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adwords Trademark Policy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sem,

Have you tried contacting Google for your Ad that is Under Review..?

If your answer is NO then Kindly follow this link and submit a mail to Google Adwords support.

They will assist you the best.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Azeem.

I've submitted my query through adwords contact help forum yesterday but there is no reply.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello sem;

ASDA is a trade name; You need to file for authorization to use it in the ad-text;

" Advertisers can use a trademarked term within ad text if they are authorized, meaning that the trademark owner sent Google the necessary form allowing an advertiser's particular account to use a certain term."

Read more:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6118&rd=1

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI MosheTLV,

How can i file for authorization to use trademark term. I've received your link but i've read before already that conditions and i didn't get any right and process wise data because that link is too specific. Can You have another idea and another short link that contains much short and right info.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sem,

Kindly follow this link if you want to file for trademark authorization.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@sem

You can use ASDA as a trade name in the ad text only by getting authorization. This is the only "track" available .

Note: using the trade-name as a keyword is a different issue; My answer is about using a keyword in the ad text;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV & Azeem for their support.