AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm using Google AdWords to run my ad campaign for my crain parts website, So I want to know can I redirect the buying option to different domain.

I mean when somebody click on buy now option on my website and it redirects to other domain to complete that action.

I Just want to confirm that it doesn't cause any policy violation.

Thanks,

Pawan

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adwords Policy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pawan,

Welcome to Adwords Community !

Yes, this is policy violation. This is treated as 'Bridge page' or 'Gateway page' destinations that are solely designed to send users to elsewhere. Please go through the below link for more information.

Adwords Policies (Abuse of the Ad network) - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en&rd=1

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I don't quite understand the workflow. When a user clicks on the ad - does he land on your website, browse the collection of parts and then proceed to checkout? Or immediately redirected to a checkout on a different URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Pawan,

From what I could understand from your question, your ads are bringing visitors to your website and from your website when they click the 'buy' button, it takes them to a different website. 

If this is the case, I don't think it's a violation of the policy if you are abiding by all other guidelines. 

It's a common practice for deal exaggerator, shopping/price comparison etc. websites.

Hope it helps. 

Thanks

Ratan

Join me on Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV

Thanks for your reply

it's like Visitors land on My website, through my ads and then they browse the collection of parts and then proceed to checkout on a different URL.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan for your valuable reply...

Regards,
Pawan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks John Paul Sing For your valuable reply.

Regards,
Pawan

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pawan,

There is two terms.

1. Visitors comes to your website. If he want to purchase this product then he will redirect to payment getway.

2. Visitors comes to you website if they want to buy to product it will redirect to some other website where they can buy product and make a payment.

If you want to run 1st ads then its fine. You don't voilate any google policy. But If you want to run ads 2nd then you will voilate google adwords policy and you account will be suspend.

I hope it helps you.