AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Account Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey, 

I've been feeling very anxious and confused since today morning since I received an email from Google today stating that my Adwords account has been suspended. I've just recently begun a web-design studio called The Design Mavericks which I'd planned to advertise for in the future using Google Adwords. But since I'd never even run an ad or any campaign yet to see my Google Adwords account suspended was a shock. 

I called Google's helpline to check if there was an error or something and they said they'll review my Adwords account and reach me via mail.

They sent this email back which read -  

"It has come to our attention that your Google AdWords account Customer ID ***-***-7322 is related to another account  CID ***-***-8032 which has repeatedly violated our Spam Techniques policy.

As a result, we have suspended your account and will no longer allow your ads to run on Google. Please refrain from opening any new AdWords accounts. We will suspend any newly created accounts upon registration and your account fee will not be refunded."

I've never run anything SPAM ever.

I checked to find out that the other account mentioned was of my friend whose website I designed and who had used my PC to check his emails etc but I've never had any idea whether his business (which sells twitter followers) was spam or not. 

I've been feeling utterly helpless right now. Could someone please help me out and guide me of what it is that I can do in terms of offering more clarifications, giving any proofs or providing anything at all that will help my Adwords account get a clean sheet and get re-instated? 

Thank you
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adwords Account Suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Apurv and welcome,

You have written about 2 customer ID's above and have clarified about one that it was your friend's ID. What about the other one? Is it also related to your friend or to you?

Adwords is very strict about the policies and procedures. So in case of any repeated violations, account is suspended for the advertiser. This is probably the Spam related Policy due to which the account has been suspended.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for replying Pankaj!

I only have one Google Adwords account. And I've never even posted an Ad with it. 

So one is my Google Adwords account and the other Adwords account is of my friend which got suspended by Google and which Google is saying is related to my account probably because he has used my computer to check his emails.

Thanks for the link to the Spam techniques policies. I didn't knew it before but I'm now aware that the website I designed for my friend (which sells twitter followers - legitfollowers.com) is in violation of Google's Advertising policies. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Apurv,

So one is my Google Adwords account and the other Adwords account is of my friend which got suspended by Google and which Google is saying is related to my account probably because he has used my computer to check his emails.

No, that's not true...Merely checking emails from someone's computer is not any violation. But yes, using the spamming techniques to promote advertising on Google is for sure the violation.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Pankaj,

Yeah that's what I think too! There is no question of me using spam advertising techniques because I've never had any advertising done through my account. EVER.  

And I asked my friend how his account got suspended and he told me that he had his campaigns paused and just when he created an ad for "buy followers on twitter", someone from Google called and said that they were in violation of Google's policy and he must remove the ads. He said he then deleted his campaigns but didn't close the account because he was looking for a refund. A few hours later his account was suspended and he then deleted his Google Adwords account and is currently undergoing the process of asking for the refunds via fax or something.

I really don't get how my account had to be linked to that suspended account when I've none of my particulars - name, billing info, address etc - that are in common with him and especially when I have never even advertised a single time.

If given an opportunity I've asked my friend and he would be willing to provide any kind of proof that his adwords account was totally his and mine is totally mine and should be considered as separate. 

Anyway thanks for your support and replies Pankaj. I really appreciate it because I've been feeling distressed since morning over this issue and getting someone to reply back has proven helpful Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Apurv;

Google has a number of ways to determine whether you were "involved"  in a violation:

Did your friend use your credit card ?

Did he use your address?

Did he use your email address as his account user name (to sign up )?

if  some of the answers are "yes", then you violate Google's Terms of Service , and hence suspended

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey MosheTLV, 

Thanks for replying. No I haven't had any of my particulars be used in my friends' Adwords account at all. 

The only thing I've unfortunately been 'involved' with has been to help him setup his Google Apps account when I was on my computer.

Since I'd designed his website he asked me to configure him a professional looking email like "contact@legitfollowers.com" which he could use on his website and to receive payments etc. I signed up to Google Apps to confirm his domain and showed him how to navigate around but didn't actually create the email which has had got suspended - "services@legitfollowers.com". 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Quote:

>>> Since I'd designed his website he asked me to configure him a professional looking email like "contact@legitfollowers.com" which he could use on his website and to receive payments etc....I signed up to Google Apps to confirm his domain and showed him how to navigate around but didn't actually create the email which has had got suspended - "services@legitfollowers.com".

• So, Did you use his domain (legitfollowers.com) to create a user name (an email) for you, to sign in into YOUR account? (i,e. Is services@legitfollowers.com used to sign into YOUR AdWords account?)
  • Another question: This video you share - aren't you violating copyrights?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey MosheTLV, 

MosheTLV wrote:

• So, Did you use his domain (legitfollowers.com) to create a user name (an email) for you, to sign in into YOUR account? (i,e. Is services@legitfollowers.com used to sign into YOUR AdWords account?)

No the services@legitfollowers.com email is not my Adwords account, it's my friends' Adwords account which got suspended. I configured legitfollowers.com into Google Apps so that he could create emails that have @legitfollowers.com at the end but I have no access to anything related to his domain.  

• Another question: This video you share - aren't you violating copyrights?

I know it's not my video that I've up on my website but I'd put it up there so that it just serves the purpose of being a placeholder. The video itself is totally unrelated to my website design service itself and I had intended to change it as soon as I got my sales video finished. 

Also because I've never done any SEO work and have never run Google Ads I've never had customers reach me via my website as uptill now I've got all my clients locally so I hadn't bothered to change it till now.

But thanks for mentioning that I might be violating copyrights, I am pulling it down now Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

OK;

I am referring your case to Google asking for another review. Check your email for communication from AdWords team.