AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ads cease support for Internet Explorer 8??

N/A
# 1
N/A

Why are Google ads warning about discontinuing support for Internet Explorer 8?? According to Microsoft IE8 is the most up to date browser that can be used with Windows XP. Can Google please explain this??

3 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google Ads cease support for Internet Explorer 8??

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi,

This is not true - Google Adwords has not ceased support for IE8. Is there a screenshot that you can share with us to make us understand the problem better? Thanks!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by joshuasingh (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

A slight correction here: we are not ceasing IE8 support on this Friday, however, we are planning to end its support by the end of this June.

We will start to show the warning message to the broader audience on this Friday (some people might have seen it already as it has a gradual rollout).

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
I am really sorry if the end of IE8 support causes you a problem. If upgrading to IE9 is not an option, have you considered to use Firefox, Chromeframe (IE + Chrome engine) or Chrome? All of these are available for older Windows machines (e.g. Win XP), and if I recall correctly, Chrome doesn't really requires (just suggests) to have administrator privileges. All of them will be faster with AdWords and probably other web applications too.

Alternatively, the latest Opera is on Chromium engine, and although AdWords might not support it out-of-the-box, setting the useragent to Chrome should make it work.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi;

I know that support has ceased for Google Apps on IE8

Can you provide a reference (=a link to Google's announcement)  for stopping support for Google ads on IE8?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi,

This is not true - Google Adwords has not ceased support for IE8. Is there a screenshot that you can share with us to make us understand the problem better? Thanks!

N/A
# 4
N/A
Hi there,

In response to your question here is a screen shot of Google's warning that
appears intermittently when working in Google Adwords.

Can you confirm if this is really happening/

Regards,

Denis Morecroft

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Did you attach a screenshot? I don't see

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by joshuasingh (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

A slight correction here: we are not ceasing IE8 support on this Friday, however, we are planning to end its support by the end of this June.

We will start to show the warning message to the broader audience on this Friday (some people might have seen it already as it has a gradual rollout).

N/A
# 8
N/A
So what are my options to updating my cc info so you can get my payment?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
I am really sorry if the end of IE8 support causes you a problem. If upgrading to IE9 is not an option, have you considered to use Firefox, Chromeframe (IE + Chrome engine) or Chrome? All of these are available for older Windows machines (e.g. Win XP), and if I recall correctly, Chrome doesn't really requires (just suggests) to have administrator privileges. All of them will be faster with AdWords and probably other web applications too.

Alternatively, the latest Opera is on Chromium engine, and although AdWords might not support it out-of-the-box, setting the useragent to Chrome should make it work.