AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ads at Bottom of pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords result is now at bottom of page below my organic listing. Why? This is just a waste of money for me as people click on paid add after visiting my site. Madness.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Ads at Bottom of pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Check the following discussion on this topic;

Why is my ad displayed at the bottom of the page ?

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/why-is-my-add-displayed-at-the-bottom-of-the-page...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Google Ads at Bottom of pages

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

While the adrank aspect of ads in the top vs. other position is relevant, when ads ore only shown on the bottom of the page, the top postion can be the only postion, and at the bottom of the page.

I question the assumption that these terms are of low "relevance" to the user - In some cases these terms can have a QS of 10 - If they are not relevant, why such a high QS?

As frustrating as losing the more traditional SERP format is, in the end, nothing has really changed. You still have to test, analyze, and optimize to determine whether or not your current approach is working for you. If search networks advertising is no longer profitable due to the SERP format (do you already rank organically for those terms?) for Google search, perhaps try focusing your adbuy on the display network. There's more to adwords than just where your ad shows on the Google search SERP's, for desktop/tablet devices. Yes, the Google SERP format change sucks, but there's more than one way to go about things. Smiley Happy

If you are losing money on Google search advertising, then don't do that anymore. However, there are still other opportunites with adwords you can explore that may generate a profitable ROAS. 

Tom