AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords without my own website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings

When a person clicks on my AdWords ad can I direct him to the web address on Amazon.com that lists my eBook?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords without my own website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nissim,
There's a few reasons why you couldn't/cannot do this.

The first is double serving. AdWords will not allow two ads from the same domain appear for a given search ( https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en )

The second reason is that you will not be able to control the conversion funnel or process. You're at the mercy of Amazons conversion process.

Finally (but not limited to these three), you cannot track your conversions as you cannot put your conversion tracking code on the amazon.com site. Advertising without knowing how much you're making back in sales is silly and dangerous.

Many ebook owners set up their own website and sell the book direct there. It allows them to create buzz, blog about it, answer reader questions and promote it how they will.