AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords suspended my customer's ads because it thinks MY script on his page is malware

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello World:

Google AdWords suspended my customer's ads because it thinks MY script on his page is malware.

It really, really is not.

The AdWords staffer told him this script is triggering their malware detection:

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Can you tell me what inside that code is getting perceived as malware?  

Because we switched back to an older version of that same code and it is now reading CLEAN.

This one is now in its place and his ads are running again:

They are substantially the same and I have been over them both line by line, what on Earth is causing AdWords to throw that false positive?

ANY help would be appreciated, anyone!

Thanks,

Eric

Sentrylogin.com

Google AdWords staffer Sam K said this:

Sent: Friday, April 8, 2016 9:20 AM
Subject: [1-8670000011188] Phone call follow up

Google AdWords

Hi Peter,

The link causing the issue on your site is 

Sincerely,

Sam K. 

Google Inc. | The Google AdWords Team 

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove a link which has the potential to put other members at risk. 

As a best practice, please do not post links/sites that are suspected of - or flagged as having - Malware. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords suspended my customer's ads because it thinks MY script on his page is malware

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The best would be to get a help of a programmer on this. If the Googel's system flags  a malware, most likely it's there and we would rather avoid accessing the code, not to jeopardize our machines.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Google AdWords suspended my customer's ads because it thinks MY script on his page is malware

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no malware in it, I am the programmer, I wrote it. It is just a login script.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Eric S;

Experience has shown that if the code was flagged by Google, indeed, there would be  a violation in the code. (This does not necessarily have to a "classic malewre", but  could be another violation of the webmaster guidelines.)

It has many years that I do not code anymore...  Smiley Surprised A look at the  by  a colleague of yours, specializing in scripts might find the issue ...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It doesn't have to be intentionally malicious for Google to call it "malware" -- even code that accidentally interferes with the proper functioning of a web browser can get that status.

So... test your code with more browsers, maybe? Google thinks they see something in your code they know to cause an issue with a popular browser.

The rep you're talking to isn't going to be able to help more than that. Not everybody at Google is a programmer.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone, I have posted this in the wrong forum, I need a programmer to examine the code, I'll try StackOverflow.

How do I stop receiving replies from this thread?