AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords suspended because billing information in this or a related account not verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are getting following message for one of our clients in MCC

"Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified"

I have seen similar posts where it says this issues comes when we have separate billing address for Account and for the Card. In a recent transaction we have used a card which had a separte billing address.

I have noticed that one of the resolution given is to call Google adwords support and get the enabled. But when we call and enter the client id in the IVR it does not allows us to move further and cuts the call indicating that the account is disabled.

We want to resolve if there is any policy violation. But for that we want some response from Google to understand and close the issue. I need to get this resolved. Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords suspended because billing information in this or a related account not verified

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In your MCC, is it the only account of that particular client which is receiving this message or are there multiple accounts for that single client for single business? (I am asking about that particular client only and not about your other client accounts which are linked to your MCC.)

Let us know so that Community can address it specifically.

Pankaj

Re: Google AdWords suspended because billing information in this or a related account not verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj

Thnaks for quick reply

In our MCC it is the only account of that client

We have faced similar issue earlier in another Account in our MCC (of other client). We have recently delinked that client thinking that might be the issue.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

As per my understanding, this happens when a client tries to run multiple accounts for their similar business across Adwords. The policy which revolves around this is called Double Serving and Adwords is very-very strict in taking action on those accounts which violates this policy. One business- one account. You can read this policy for more details.

You might consider sending an email to Adwords support because you won't be able to call them as the IVR won't let suspended accounts move ahead.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That may be the reason as our client is a franchisee of a national network but they are running ads only at the local level with the permission of the parent.

Although they have a separate entity (like in franchisee business) and a separate website - the parent company logo is used and also name includes parent company's name (e.g. Kun Hyundai OR Talwar Hyundai).

Can we explain this situation and write to Google?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

I am not sure if you happen to read the policy link which I referred above, which clearly explains the common ownership scenario. But again as I said earlier, you might consider writing it to Google because the last call from their side only.

Pankaj