AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords account has been temporarily suspended due to suspected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ugg, sometimes I swear that Google support people just try and make it difficult for you to spend money.

So apparently my account is temporarily suspended.  I called support, they can't tell me why, according to them it's because of some sub-account that I have.  (I don't have any sub accounts.)  They can't tell me what sub account it is, I have to "figure that out on my own".  I've been an adwords customer for years with never a problem, now apparently they no longer want my money and can't tell me why.  In fact all she can tell me is that all of my ads are approved and it's nothing to do with my account, but instead some account they have decided is related to me but they can't tell me anything about.

Her best guess is that because I'm a consultant, at some point one of my clients created an adwords account that was probably logged into from my IP address and they got their account suspended.  I've had 100's of clients over the years, how the hell am I supposed to know which one did something stupid on Google?  Her advice?  Call them all and ask them...  Yeah ok, really? 

Re: Google AdWords account has been temporarily suspended due to suspe

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

Can you clarify as to whether your account is suspended or just under a temporary review? We occasionally review accounts for security purposes and they might not run for a few days because of that, but that's different than an account being permanently suspended.

If you can clarify, I'll try to point you in the right direction.