AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Getting a different Website online for advertisement purposes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a website xyz.com which is a ecommerce website for selling weight loss related products, this website is full of claims and misleading contents and ingredients in the product which needs pharmaceutical certificates. I also have a website abc.com that is an ecommerce website by it self and is trying to sell the same products from xyz.com, but these products on abc.com has no claims or misleading contents. Will I be able to do advertising from abc.com? I have no links from abc.com going to xyz.com and is not related in any other factor. abc.com is a website by itself just selling products from xyz.com. I want to know if there will be any policy violation/consequences if i try to market abc.com.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @ANUJ P,

When we combine the info in this thread along with the info in your other thread... I would suggest you consider Bing Search or another platform for your advertising uses. AdWords is simply not going to work. 

Sorry, but the info posted by others is spot on correct. 

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Nope

If xyz was suspended due to Policy violation, the advertiser must first fix the initial violation,  then (after fixing), the advertiser would be allowed back to advertise. 

The advertiser is suspended (not the site) regardless of the product or service  promoted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not sure if you are the same person that posted the previous question in another thread or not.  Assuming you have advertised the non-compliant site in another adwords account then Moshe is right.  You are toast.

However, if you have no adwords advertising history at all with the previous site or any other non compliant advertising, then POTENTIALLY yes you can. 

That being said, its a narrow navigation to do so.  I have helped may advertisers in your situation do it, but they weren't previously suspended and had that hanging over their head.  We had to tread a very narrow path to success, also the products were allowable to advertise on adwords and weren't banned.

If what I said above applies to you, please do a lot of homework before even attempting this as their is a good chance you will only get one shot at it and if you miss, you may be subject to a suspension from AdWords altogether.

Good Luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dathen,

I haven't started any advertisements on the non-complaint site and none of its content or products have been blocked or banned yet. 

Does this mean I can make say abc.com a policy complaint site and start advertising from this? Would also like to know how it affects regarding connecting both the sites in search console. Also, i have a very matching URLs for both the sites. But, we are not planning to do any advertisements on the original site and it will be left as a stand alone website. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Don't shoot the messenger, OK?

It sounds like you know you can't advertise on AdWords, so you're looking for a way to get around (over, under) the rules to essentially advertise what you know you can't (shouldn't).

Google is likely to spot this at some point - sooner or later - and you are going to be suspended. I'd be very surprised if you were able to get much mileage out of any account.

When that happens the suspension will be total and there will be no coming back from it - as the intention will be evident. Google is heavy handed with the rules - basically because they simply don't have the time to study every case, but even a quick look at yours would swing their opinion against you quite quickly.

Sorry, but I have to side with the others here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @ANUJ P,

When we combine the info in this thread along with the info in your other thread... I would suggest you consider Bing Search or another platform for your advertising uses. AdWords is simply not going to work. 

Sorry, but the info posted by others is spot on correct. 

All the Best,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Wow, great find @James_Clemens.  I thought maybe it was related to another post but wasn't sure.  Now that I saw the link to the other post, I have more information to respond. 

@anuj, James is correct.  Based upon what is in your other post, now I have more context.  No, you would not be advertising on AdWords long or at all in your hypothetical scenario.