AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Geo Restricted Site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage web sites for a local government, but try to stay out of Marketing issues...   Our marketing group is expressing to me, that Google AdWords is rejecting associations because our target destination site is behind firewall(s) with Geo Restrictions enabled.  Our network security policy and administration forbids traffic from entities outside of US as they have no relevance to local government service.  I'd like get this group of users to appropriate Google AdWords support/approval.   What is the approval process/steps/contacts necessary to have Adword submissions approved relative to GeoRestricted destination sites?

Thanks in advance,

City of Wichita

1 Expert replyverified_user

Geo Restricted Site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@City of Wichita D;

The site has to be accessible for crawling from all locations. This is a firm prerequisite by Google. No waivers.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Geo Restricted Site

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello @City of Wichita D,

You may contact Google support team for your concern. There are many websites like Netflix, Hulu and etc which are geo restricted, though they run ads via adwords. 

You can probably ask the google support team and they will allow you to run ads.

Best of Luck,

Sayem

Re: Geo Restricted Site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sayem M:

Thank you, can you direct me to the appropriate process for contacting the Google AdWords support team?

Regards,