AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Gambling ad - gambling certificate required, country licensor says no lisence needed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need a little help getting my ad running. The site I am advertising does not allow users to place bets, however it does promote betting by linking to an affiliate site which further links to sites where bets can be made and encourages users to visit these links.

The ad got disapproved with "Gambling certificate required". I'm from the UK so I got in contact with http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/ where licences can be granted. However they have assured via email that I do not need a license for the type of site I am operating.

What should my next steps be to get the ad approved? Thanks for any help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lewis C
August 2016

Re: Gambling ad - gambling certificate required, country licensor says no lisence needed

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Lewis C

The business model cannot be promoted on google. Betting tips, links etc are not allowed,
If you you were a "pure" betting agency, you would be able  promote the betting as long as you hold the license.

I know that seems a bit odd that  businesses that are on the "fringe" of the betting, are not allowed, while "pure" betting is allowed (once a license is granted) - but that it is the approach to ensure that only regulated  entities are promoted. If the business is not regulated or not required to be regulated - it cannot be promoted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lewis C
August 2016

Re: Gambling ad - gambling certificate required, country licensor says no lisence needed

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Lewis C

The business model cannot be promoted on google. Betting tips, links etc are not allowed,
If you you were a "pure" betting agency, you would be able  promote the betting as long as you hold the license.

I know that seems a bit odd that  businesses that are on the "fringe" of the betting, are not allowed, while "pure" betting is allowed (once a license is granted) - but that it is the approach to ensure that only regulated  entities are promoted. If the business is not regulated or not required to be regulated - it cannot be promoted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe for your reply - that clears everything up for me, the google docs weren't making this very obvious at all!