AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Gambling Policy Adwords ads disapproved...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted to advertise odds,tipping service via adwords in following countries: China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea...all of the ads were disapproved with note: Gambling Certificate required. This is where confusion arises, since according to google policy. First I need to:When promoting gambling-related content, you need to ensure following:
-Comply with applicable laws and industry standards for any location that your campaign targets.
-Meet local licensing requirements for all gambling-related products and services that you're promoting.
-Clearly display information on your landing page about responsible gambling.
-Ensure that you don't target minors.
Locations mentioned above don't have any license requirements in regard to betting odds, tips. Furthermore, for each of those countries there are certain restrictions...However advertising odds, tips are not mentioned as restrictions.

So I am trying to figure out now, why exactly ads were disapproved. Any advice would be appreciated?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Art,

Do you have the landing page link that you're sending the adverts to?

It could be that you're not clearly displaying information about responsible gambling.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Matthew -  ads are disapproved with note: Gambling License Required, so I don't think it has anything to do with information on responsible gambling

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Art O

Generally speaking gambling or gambling info and tips is not allowed unless in locations in which regulation allows  under certifications;

So, if no exception is mentioned in the Policy -  gambling and its varieties (including books, tips, statistics... etc....) - is not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’