AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

GTIN Issues

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have apparel based business. There are almost 30,000 product variants which are disapproved due to invalid gtin values. Is there any exception which Google provides to make these products live in Google Shopping?

I have MPN and Brand column with 100% detail, no blanks. Guide me please.

Re: GTIN Issues

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Noman,

The only exception Google offer in terms of GTIN is to provide the value of FALSE within the attribute identifier_exists.

This can only be used, if, the value does not exist, Custom products for example, are your items custom made?. Identifier_exists may not, under any circumstances be used, when a GTIN value cannot be located, but is allocated to a product.

I assume, when you say over 30,000 product variants, these relate to numerous variants of a number of products, not simple 30,000 variants of the one base product?

Are you certain you are supplying each variant with both the corresponding Item Group ID & ID attributes?

If you are selling items that do not fall under Shoes, Handbags, Sunglasses or Watches, then only Brand is required.

If you are selling Shoes, Handbags, Sunglasses or Watches, then Brand and at least one Value for UPC, EAN, JAN or MPN is required.

What area of Apparel are you selling?

You have stated you have 100% complete, however, if Google are reporting these as invalid, are you certain the values are correct? How did you source the MPN? Are you sure the Brand is correct? No additional text is found after the Brand name, spelling is accurate?

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for you reply,

1) "I assume, when you say over 30,000 product variants, these relate to numerous variants of a number of products, not simple 30,000 variants of the one base product?"

Yes, there are many individual products.

I sell Sanmar and Alpha products (shirts, polo, pants, jackets etc.)

Brands are accurate as the supplier provided.

Question is that: Supplier has no gtin for those items and I want to live them. Any gateway to make products live in Google Shopping?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi, 

You're welcome.

Ok, if you are certain that there is no relevant GTIN, then you would supply as discussed in the previous reply the identifier_exists - https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en#identifier%20exists and set this to FALSE.

If they do not have one allocated to their products and you have said you are receiving invalid identifier, are you simply creating a random value for insertion?

Remove what is in the MPN attribute and instead opt for the identifier_exists attribute and set the value to FALSE

However, it may be best to double check with the manufacturer to ensure there is no value.

Once you have made these changes, submit a fresh feed and notify Google you have made the changes. 

Either by phone or by email

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you so much.

The issue was resolved by removing the all gtin value because I have MPN for all products. Due to invalid gtin Google was not letting my products live. Two values Google requires out of three; 1)brand 2) gtin 3) MPN so I have brand and MPN so no need of gtin.

Today I am going to upload fresh feed and let you know about the result.
Thanks once again