AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

GDN : "Increase file size limit to 1MB"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I'm testing some ads on the HTML5 Validator page, and there's the option to "Increase file size limit to 1MB". How does this affect the creative? Or it's just a price change? 

I am a creative studio trying to help the advertiser to make the right call. 

Many thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Alex, thanks for reaching out to the AdWords Community. We apologize for our delay in responding to your question. If you're still encountering an issue, please let us know. We'd be more than happy to look into this right away. Thanks again for your patience, we look forward to hearing back.

Best,
Akhil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could you answer the question, Ankhil? What is the 1MB check box for on the validator?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I second that! Would really like to know the answer too!

Does increasing the file size >150kb <1mb also impact / increase the cost of the ad?

Cheers

GDN : &quot;Increase file size limit to 1MB&quot;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Alex.

Did you manage to figure out the what is the contradiction of the instructions is about?

I have teh same problem:

- the HTML5 Validator page has the option to "Increase file size limit to 1MB,

- as well as the guideline for HTML5 for Universal App campaigns says: "Upload your asset as a .ZIP file with a maximum size of 1MB within the .ZIP"

However, once I try to upload .zip in the account, it says, that maximum size is 150kb

GDN : &quot;Increase file size limit to 1MB&quot;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Akhil B,

we are quite several in here, wondering the same question as Alex. We are still encountering an issue, and letting you know. Would you answer us, please! 

Thank you in advance.