AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Free Trial Offer 3 Pages Deep on a Purchase Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a client that is inquiring about offering a free trial to customers that do not purchase on the order page. The order page is 3 pages deep into the site past the landing page. The easiest way to do this is through an exit-pop, asking the user if they are interested in the free trial. I know that Adwords does not allow exit-pops on landing pages, but this is 3 pages deep and it only asks about the free trial. Will Adwords allow this? I've seen a couple of other advertisers do it.

If this is not allowed, then what about a jquery slide-over? A jquery script can be written so that the free trial offer would show up on the screen as the user moves the cursor to the exit button. This jquery script would not impact the ability of the user to leave the page whatsoever.

Thanks!

Tim

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Timothy B
September 2015

Re: Free Trial Offer 3 Pages Deep on a Purchase Page

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Timothy, 

Thanks for your question! 

It's not possible to have a pop up message on a site that you advertise with AdWords, but you could have an interstitial as long as it in no way affects the users ability to exit the site. This article here explains the policy in a little more detail if you'd like to read any further. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Timothy B
September 2015

Re: Free Trial Offer 3 Pages Deep on a Purchase Page

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Timothy, 

Thanks for your question! 

It's not possible to have a pop up message on a site that you advertise with AdWords, but you could have an interstitial as long as it in no way affects the users ability to exit the site. This article here explains the policy in a little more detail if you'd like to read any further. 

Hope this helps!

A.