AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Fraud Websites in Google Ads Results

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Unscrupulous people trying to use the Google brand to scam and defraud others.

Usually Feedback on AdWords ads form https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?visit_id=1-636102760545970604-1974944710&r... is not working.

For example search "Garcinia Cambogia" in Google.com 5 ads in the home page are fraud websites.

23.jpg

How we can fight against this problem ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Armen S
September 2016

Re: Fraud Websites in Google Ads Results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Armen S

Well.... This doesn't seem to be   a simple case...

Though the product is reported as "problematic"  for weight loss  I haven't found it on the list of prohibited supplements, and on legitscript it is marked as "yellow".

My assumption is  that as long as no claims are included in the ad, Google allows the product. To stop promoting the product on Google, it has to be added to the list.

As for the ad, you  posted,  which does include a claim: this should be reported. There are millions of ads reported, and  the long process could be frustrating, at times.  Note: the click string is essential  to track the ad. Always include it when reporting.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Armen S
September 2016

Re: Fraud Websites in Google Ads Results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Armen S

Well.... This doesn't seem to be   a simple case...

Though the product is reported as "problematic"  for weight loss  I haven't found it on the list of prohibited supplements, and on legitscript it is marked as "yellow".

My assumption is  that as long as no claims are included in the ad, Google allows the product. To stop promoting the product on Google, it has to be added to the list.

As for the ad, you  posted,  which does include a claim: this should be reported. There are millions of ads reported, and  the long process could be frustrating, at times.  Note: the click string is essential  to track the ad. Always include it when reporting.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Fraud Websites in Google Ads Results

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for answer @MosheTLV
Agree with you "as long as no claims are included in the ad"

But in the mentioned website
1) We can see claims

2) They are using shape.com header like this

http://dailyfitshakes.com/celebz-shape/shape.png

3) They are using gnc.com amazon.com as their display URL
4) They are using content, that they can not use