AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Frame my own website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have one site already run in AdWords. Can I frame the site with another domain so the url is highly related to each keyword? The site is simple, my own shop, no affiliate links, no external links. Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Frame my own website

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Wirahadi, 

Welcome to the AdWords Community and thanks for posting your first question here. 

What is the exact reason for you to frame the site? Is it just for the url name? Please note that the url name need not be related to the keywords. What's more important is that the site is in compliance with all AdWords policies. With respect to your account structure, if you are running search ads, make sure your ad groups and keywords are well-themed. Based on the clarification from you, we can provide further help.

Thanks,
Mini

Re: Frame my own website

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Wirahadi,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to have individual keyword level URLs and have the actual keyword in the LP URL.
Having another domain will definitely not impact your account. infact you could get into trouble with Google's double serving policy:
"Gaining an unfair advantage
Using the Google Network to gain an unfair traffic advantage over other participants in the auction
Examples: Affiliates that advertise on AdWords against the applicable affiliate programme rules, promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries"
Source:- https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954

The actual URL wont affect your AdWords campaign so much as long as the content on that page is relevant to the keyword and ad copy.

Hope I have got this right for you. Please feel free to write back incase you need any more clarification!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!