AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

For the same adwords ad : Once approved by Google , Once account suspended, are they crazy ??

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You have approved our Ads and now suspending our accounts for same ads,we want to un-suspend our account, and also we can follow changes required for it. But we need clear cut instructions.

We provide only SEO service, no affiliate marketing or artificial ad traffic we do which allegation made by Adwords guys in the emails mentioned below. Tobe very frank I dont know what is "artificial ad traffic" mentioned by Adwords guys..

The adwords guys suspended our accounts mistakenly and I dont know what is spam to them. May be the term "Google top 10 ranking guaranteed" used in our website many times and may be this term is objectionable to them, which is basically a money back guarantee and we linked these guarantee page from our website home page by this link seo guarantee.  In this inner webpage we have written clearly -

The Search Engine Rankings provided by our company depends on the business policies of the respective search engines and also depend on the programming algorithms of the respective search engines. The search engines provides these rankings free of cost and we are in no way involved in their business.

Got the following email recently. Which states why our Adwords account suspended.

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM, <adwords-support@google.com> wrote:

Hello Bikram,

Thanks for writing in. 

I understand you have some concerns around the suspension of your account "607-211-2127". I can confirm that this action is related to sites that have recently been advertised through your account. In a review of your account history, we have found instances where there has been egregious violation of our Landing page and site policies.

The URLs listed below have been cited for having poor Landing page and site quality and consequently disabled for the same:

www.rankingoogle.com - Artificial Ad traffic

We've given much consideration both to our current stance on sites deemed unacceptable due to their business practices and to the many complaints that we have received from users and publishers about these ads. We understand that there are serious ramifications to our stance, and that many of our clients like you are facing permanent suspension issues because of this. However, providing our users with the highest quality ads is integral to the long-term success of our program.

________________________________________________________________________________________

just check your email sent to me many days ago. No new ads made by this account or no major changes made in our website. The following ad was approved by Google Adwords and sent email to us-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Subject: Your AdWords account: AdWords Site Policy issue resolved
To: webseosclient@gmail.com

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

We have re-reviewed your site and determined that AdWords Site Policy issues no longer prevent ads from running for the site.

Customer ID: 607-211-2127
Display URL: rankingoogle.com
4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: For the same adwords ad : Once approved by Google , Once account suspended, are they crazy ??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What exactly is your question?

It looks like your problem is resolved. 

Count yourself lucky, Google rarely communicate this well and even more rarely do they listen to advertisers in teh same boat as you. 

Re: For the same adwords ad : Once approved by Google , Once account suspended, are they crazy ??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Dave_Davis wrote:

What exactly is your question?

It looks like your problem is resolved. 

Count yourself lucky, Google rarely communicate this well and even more rarely do they listen to advertisers in teh same boat as you. 

No .... the problem is not resolved. Pls check the Adwords Email Dates. The Ad was approved in past, also the site www.rankingoogle.com was not problematic in past 2011, but it is blocked recently Oct 2012. Actually not only my own account, some other adwords account by which I placed ads all suspended.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
we want to un-suspend our account, and also we can follow changes required for it. But we need clear cut instructions.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

HI Webseos,

Based on both of the threads and the information you have provided in both of them, I think you're really going to have trouble finding a way out of this.

When Google starts mentioning 'egregious' violations, that is a sign that you've done wrong on many occasions or have violated policies in a major way.

They do not provide step by step instructions on how to fix sites.  It is up to you to read and interpret the policies correctly.  In the other thread, both myself and Purefuzz gave you some suggestions to try.  If those don't work, I'm not sure what else to suggest to you.  Honestly, at this point I'm not even sure our suggestions will help.

Google clearly explains their stance in the October 20 email to you:

"We've given much consideration both to our current stance on sites deemed unacceptable due to their business practices and to the many complaints that we have received from users and publishers about these ads. We understand that there are serious ramifications to our stance, and that many of our clients like you are facing permanent suspension issues because of this. However, providing our users with the highest quality ads is integral to the long-term success of our program."

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If the violation is 'egregious' then in last few years it could not be detected, came into account in 1 day ? In my opinion those who suspends accounts have a very little idea on sites or nuts.

Oct 20 Google sent us report that ad stopped running. The next day account suspended. I think when Google suspends an account then its upto Google to inform the client with proper reason. Google has a very poor customer support.

In past I saw Google stopped ads, now Google is suspending accounts which is a deadly thing to Google, probably 12 years ago there was no Google, Yahoo MSN was there. bing/Microsoft still exists

What will be published in my site its upto me, I can appeal for "AK 47 Rifle selling ads" in Google network. But why Google will allow this? So ad approval or a site's quality / approval is completely Google's job. Not who wants to post ads. Google can take few days to approve an ad, but suspending account is not a very wise decision for Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I hope you have read this email- this states ad was approved.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Subject: Your AdWords account: AdWords Site Policy issue resolved
To: webseosclient@gmail.com

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

We have re-reviewed your site and determined that AdWords Site Policy issues no longer prevent ads from running for the site.

Customer ID: 607-211-2127
Display URL: rankingoogle.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anybody say why the Ads were running and approved for years and why it is not approved now.

No major changes in our website made. the workds "Google top 10 ranking guarantee" existed for years. So the seo guarantee page also was linked from home page of rankingoogle.com

Nothing changed. What shall I say except they are crazy

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi webseos (and Tom),

> Can anybody say why the Ads were running and approved for years and why it is not approved now.

We don't always catch bad ads right away. We're constantly re-reviewing ads, landing pages, and accounts and taking down ones that violate our policies. The policies also change from time to time, but in this case it's probably a matter of our detection mechanisms improving.

> The adwords guys suspended our accounts mistakenly and I dont know what is spam to them.

I don't think it was a mistake. See below.

> May be the term "Google top 10 ranking guaranteed" used in our website

> many times and may be this term is objectionable to them,

Yes.  Definitely.  We do not allow ads that guarantee ranking in Google Search or AdWords or imply any sort of special relationship with Google. Based on my experience, you are not going to get ads approved for a site with text like that on it, no matter how many disclaimers you add. See this policy page:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=50424, down near the bottom.

> which is basically a money back guarantee and we linked these guarantee page from our website

home page by this link seo guarantee.  In this inner webpage we have written clearly -

If the main thrust of your landing page is "guaranteed ranking", disclaimers are not going to help. It also looks like you only give the refund after a year, which might violate our "deceptive billing practices" policy.

Summary: you are probalby not going to get this site re-enabled without significant changes to the site and probably to your business model as well.

Laura

AdWords review engineer

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Thanks Laura, I'm trying here!! Smiley Happy

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’