AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

For some reason my merchant account is suspended and I've never used it. I need some help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have some questions regarding several Google Services including Ads. We would like to become a Google trusted store and run our Adwords campaign in conjunction. One of our websites focuses on organic Mitragyna Speciosa (Kratom) which is a legal herb sold in the US. We've had several issues regarding our Merchant Account, Google Wallet and Google+ Business page. For some unknown reason our Google Merchant account was suspended along with our Google+ business page even though it was never used. We never received any notification from Google notification telling us why.  In addition, our Google checkout/Wallet was suspended and then reinstated. We are utterly confused and at a loss as to what to do. We cannot find a reason why and when we go to the Google forums all that we get are inconsistent replies. Anyway, before we give up completely, I wanted to contact you to see what we can do. We have created the necessary data feeds to submit our site products to sell on Google through the Google Merchant account. To do that we need to have a Google Adwords account setup, which we do, but it looks like it might be suspended. We need some help. Can you please help us by explaining what's causing this and if we need to do something specific to qualify for these services. We don't feel that we've done anything to warrant suspension. We've never actually used the services. We have also reviewed the Google terms of service and can't find any violations that we've caused. Our concern is that we spend hours and hours on creating everything only to get suspended without any specifics. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

P.S. http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2423645  Under advertising policies / unapproved pharmaceuticals and supplements, Mitragyna Speciosa (Kratom) is not listed. Kratom is totally legal in the US and is an all natural tree leaf from indonesia. The FDA has classified this as a dietary supplement. The DEA findings are that there is no cause for it to be a controlled substance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: For some reason my merchant account is suspended and I've never used it. I need some help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I am not sure of you have posted about merchant center account getting suspended over the Google Merchant Center forum.

This is the link to it: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/merchant-center

In case of Google Adwords, did you receive any email related to account suspension? If yes, can you share the reason written in that with the Community here?

Pankaj

Re: For some reason my merchant account is suspended and I've never used it. I need some help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We never received any notification for the suspension, but had 2 services suspended. Our Google Checkout was resinstated for some reason without notification either, but that was good. I need both Google Adwords and Merchant to work for our product data feed.  Thank you for the reponse.  I've tried the Merchant site as well.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

I am afraid the product you are trying to promote in the feeds is against the Google Healthcare policies. The list in the Help Centre is not exaustive but if you check the status of Kratom on this site you will see it's considered problematic as it has psychactive properties. Please refrain from promotion of that product - remove it from the feed and the website and your account will be rereviewed.